Hanging Notes MIDI Live

Koalabee

Hi All!

So I have been having trouble with notes hanging on/sticking when I'm recording MIDI live.

Here's all the info that might be relevant:

I have a Privia px-350m digital piano which has MIDI out/in terminals.
The piano has configuration settings for sending MIDI

View attachment 101013

I have Local Ctrl off when recording live midi.

I'm using a MIDI - USB cable of this type: Proster 6Ft 2M USB to MIDI Interface Cable Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I plug this into my MacBook Pro Laptop
:

[Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014
running macOS Sierra
Version 10.12.6,
2.6 GHz Intel Core i5]

The problem occurs both in Studio One 2 which is my main music software, and also when I attempt to record through Garageband as a backup, so I'm fairly convinced it's not an issue with the software I'm using or it would be contained to just one.

I have found that this problem does not occur when I pre-record the music onto the internal memory of the piano, and then playback while recording live on the laptop - however this is time consuming and a massive hassle to do as it means I have to play a perfect take before I can load it up.

I am fairly quick to pick things up but I don't have an in depth knowledge of MIDI so anything you can spell out in layman's terms would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks Folks,
Amy

Hi Amy,
I've had this problem in the past. Try changing the buffer size and see if you're experiencing the same issue.

Thanks for replying, changing buffer size didn't solve the issue sadly - however a new, better quality MIDI cable did the trick in the end!

Back