Free program measures MIDI latency & jitter

Mmmmqac

I have written some software to help us determine the effects that hardware, driver and software changes have upon MIDI latency and jitter. The program is also handy for identifying the ideal number of samples of offset to apply to MIDI tracks to compensate for round-trip latency when recording them to audio tracks. I hope you find it useful.

You can download it for free from: Latency Analysis Software

protools_564.png
Recorded synth is late compared to its MIDI track

latency_causes_913.png

A big sorry to all the people who were having trouble with the Windows version (WINv1.1) due to the DLL error. I have compiled a new version with static libraries. Version WINv1.1.2 is now available for free download. Please let me know if there are further issues.

Thankyou
Darren Mac

Last edited:
I had requests from users wishing they could isolate the various contributors to latency and jitter rather than measure only the cumulative sum in the final audio track. Some of these people use hardware drum-machines and were noticing that their drum-machines synchronized tightly to one DAW application but synchronized poorly to another, and wished to diagnose the cause. In response to the requests I have developed version-2. It is way more capable than version-1 and still free. I hope you find it even more helpful.
mla_screenshot.pngmla_concept_diagram.png

Back