does it exist?

Yvon

I will probably buy a new sound card soon with no midi included.
I was wondering if there is such thing as midi sound in a software.
I will buy a keyboeard but that will be after christmast probably.
Should I wait and buy the key and the sound card together?
Or is there any way I can get an alternative?

Yvon said:
Yes. There are DXi or VSTi plug-ins - assuming your recording software supports them. Some are single instruments (e.g., Native Instruments B4), while others provide the entire General Midi spectrum (e.g., Roland Virtual Sound Canvas).

dachay2tnr said:
Yes. There are DXi or VSTi plug-ins - assuming your recording software supports them. Some are single instruments (e.g., Native Instruments B4), while others provide the entire General Midi spectrum (e.g., Roland Virtual Sound Canvas).

Thank you,
I will look into that, or I was thinking about it. I might sell my fretless bass (wish I play in an awful way! :D) and buy the keyboard and the sound card.

Yvon

Yvon said:
I will probably buy a new sound card soon with no midi included.

please do not confuse MIDI as being sound. MIDI is not sound, it is a computer language. Many audio interfaces, computers, mixers, etc. have MIDI capabilities...but may not all have sounds that can be triggered by the MIDI language.

bennychico11 said:
please do not confuse MIDI as being sound. MIDI is not sound, it is a computer language. Many audio interfaces, computers, mixers, etc. have MIDI capabilities...but may not all have sounds that can be triggered by the MIDI language.

You are right, sorry about the confusion

The program Reason 3.04 sounds like a solution for you. After I began using it for sounds, I sold all of my keyboards and starting using just a keyboard midi controller. The sounds are top notch. Also, virtual instruments are fantastic, such as STeinberg's The Grand, and with such fantastic sounds available, you may say, "Triton who?"

Shane

Back