Daisy Chaining 5pin and usb

Scharpe

hello everyone. Kinda new to midi, or at least advanced midi... i have a Novation Launchkey 49, and a Korg Triton Extreme that are connected via USB to my 2015 Macbook Pro using MainStage. Our drummer has a "brain-box" for roland Vdrums. It is the TD-10 and also has two triggers for it... he would like to use these to fire tracks on my midi setup... it has a 5pin "In, Out, and Thru" ... not sure if i can do this or not, but was thinking it might be possible to midi connect from the TD-10 to my Triton via the 5pin cables, then the Triton to my mac via USB and be able to receive midi data from the drum box.... however nothing is showing up... not sure if i am missing something or if it is even possible! thanks for any help i can get...
Let me know if you need me to explain better!? i will try...

If your Triton has a midi through, that might pass it through. But for sure in will go MIDI out (from drums) to MIDI in on the Triton. Then you will set the channels on each unit.

I would go to the documentation and verify that will work since it could be that once you connect the Triton to USB, the MIDI DIN becomes disabled. Only your documentation will know for sure.

Yeah, that's it. You have to make use of channels.
Set the kit to output on channel one and the other to channel two, then daisy chain kit - triton - macbook.
In your software, tell the corresponding tracks to look for midi input on triton channel 1 and triton channel 2.

Both devices are most likely set to omni by default so even simply daisy chaining them and testing should tell you if the connection is good.

Back