Automating Live Setup

MyloFiore

Well, I don't handle defeat very well. I'm such a MIDI n00b, and I just can't seem to get all the pieces and parts necessary to complete these (what should be) few simple tasks:

1) I want to use a drum pad like a foot controller, to automate (simultaneously) a) setting a preset on my Lexicon MX-200, b) changing the song on a Boss RC-50 loop station, and maybe c) automating a lighting change.
2) I would also like to trigger some pre-recorded .WAV files and/or MIDI patterns
3) I would love to assign one pad for tap tempo, too

I'm sure I need some MIDI sequencing software. Just not sure which one. I would like to map one MIDI key (generated from the drum pad) to initiate a (one shot) patch in the sequencer that would then send a note to each of the three devices, changing their settings.

I also have a Macbook Pro, an iPad, and a iConnectivity iConnectMIDI1 (1 in / 1 out). I'd prefer to use the drum pad instead of the iPad - so I can hit it with a stick. But, if I have to use the iPad, I suppose I will make do. It certainly would be nicer to hit a pad with a stick, instead of touching a virtual button during a performance...

I've tried Hydrogen and LMMS, but I could not figure out how to map a particular key to trigger a particular pattern (ie. C3 initiates pattern 1, D3 initiates pattern 2, etc.). I don't mind spending a little money on a good piece of software, assuming that it allows me to assign a MIDI key to trigger a particular sequence.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mylo

If this really if for live, you need more than a sequencer. I don't usually suggest for typical recording, but your "use case" sounds like Ableton would serve you very well.

Back