Automaitc MIDI Double Pedal Kick Drum? [Please Help]

ThoriumEx

I'm currently working on a project with super fast kick drum beats with a very short and punchy kick drum sample.

Now, what I need is a plugin (or something) that will simulate double bass (drums) instead of just double pedals.

What I mean is a plugin that alternate between 2 MIDI notes when a fast sequence of kick drum is happening (or just regularly).

Let me give you an example:
Lets say this is the MIDI file: (1 being the main kick drum MIDI note)
|1---1---1---|1---1---1---|1-1-1-1-1-1-|

I need a plugin that will play it like this:
|1---1---1---|1---1---1---|1-2-1-2-1-2-|

or like this:
|1---2---1---|2---1---2---|1-2-1-2-1-2-|
(2 being the second kick drum MIDI note)
So I wont have to manually edit the MIDI file.

Does anyone knows something that might help?

Sorry for the terrible explanation, I hope that this makes some sense...

Thanks!

It would be so much easier to just copy the notes you want doubled and paste them between the ones that were played. Not one at a time, as a group.

If you're starting from half the notes you want, far views is the best option. Sounds more like the OP already has all the hits he wants, but wants to change half of them. Some DAWs have fairly sophisticated selection filters in their MIDI editors where you can select "every nth event" or by beat position which might help.

I wrote a JS plugin for Reaper that does exactly what he's looking for - listen to one note and transpose it every second time it comes through - but it's one of the few I never put online, and is on my computer 1500 miles away right now...

I guess you could read it both ways. I've spent most of my life trying to get two kicks to sound the same, his wanting to simulate two different sounding kick drums makes my eye twitch... :)

If you're starting from half the notes you want, far views is the best option. Sounds more like the OP already has all the hits he wants, but wants to change half of them. Some DAWs have fairly sophisticated selection filters in their MIDI editors where you can select "every nth event" or by beat position which might help.

I wrote a JS plugin for Reaper that does exactly what he's looking for - listen to one note and transpose it every second time it comes through - but it's one of the few I never put online, and is on my computer 1500 miles away right now...

Yeah you got it right, I already have all of the hits, and I will also have all of the hits in every future project that I will make.
I do use Reaper, to bad I can't get that plugin you made... sounds sweet.
Do you know any other way I can do that? Maybe another plugin or something built in to Reaper?
Thanks

I guess you could read it both ways. I've spent most of my life trying to get two kicks to sound the same, his wanting to simulate two different sounding kick drums makes my eye twitch... :)
No I'm not trying to get different sounding kick drums, I just want 2 identical kick tracks that plays alternatively. (for compression purposes, and I also might need that for fast snare parts with heavy side chained effects).

Back