Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Akia MPD16 or M-Audios Trigger Finger

pinkie is offline Newbie
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi. i didn't really want to start a new topic for this and figured this would be a good place to post it. i bought the trigger finger but i'm having trouble programming the knobs and sliders with the enigma software. if anyone is a wizard with the software and this machine and is in a helping mood message me or somethin'. i'm desperate.

ssscientist is offline Info you can use...
    Go ahead and take that big plunge and start your own thread! It's free and I'm sure you won't be displeased with the results...

When you do, please go into more specifics as to exactly what problems you are having with the Enigma software.

-=¤willhaven¤=- is offline Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkie
    Hi. i didn't really want to start a new topic for this and figured this would be a good place to post it. i bought the trigger finger but i'm having trouble programming the knobs and sliders with the enigma software. if anyone is a wizard with the software and this machine and is in a helping mood message me or somethin'. i'm desperate.
    What exactly are you trying to do? I used the software to program mine the way I wanted.

ColdAsh is offline Dedicated Member
    Thinking about buying one of these products in the next week or so. Based on what I've heard here I'm leaning towards getting the MPD16. I know it doesnt have all the features of the trigger finger but I just wanted to find out how well it handled setting up and managing patches eg how many patches can you have and how easy is it to select the one you want? Also i was woundering what the utility software that it comes with does.

Sorry for the bump but I'm putting off buying an MPD16 until someone can give me a little info on the software and setting up the output note for each pad.
    Cheers

Middleman is offline Professional Amateur
    You can have 16 patches per bank and there are two banks for a total of 32 patches.

As far as the note for each pad, that depends on your software. I use DKFH Superior and all I have to do is set a drum element in the learn mode, tap the MPD-16 pad I want to use and it is assigned to that pad.

I sometimes use the pad to key other synths and you can use either the utility software to assign each pad to a particular midi note or you can do this from inside your sequencer which is trial and error because you may have to just use the sounds from the midi default values and learn the sound positions on the pads.

You can download the manual by the way from the Akai site here http://www.akaipro.com/supportdocuments.html#MPD16.

Hope that helps.
    This is just a test

Thanks, thats all i needed to know. I did download the manuals before but i mustn't of paid too much attention to them (or forgot to actualy read all of it) cause i missed the info on the utility software

Bass Jas is offline [insert brilliance]
    I have the TF and love it for making Drum tracks with DFH Superior.
    The info that I can't find is how to assign the knobs and faders to Cubase SX?
    I am a bass playin midi noob, and would love to control my subgroup faders with the TF. (the demo vid makes it look so easy)
    I would be humbly gracious for any help.

altitude909 is offline Best Advice Ever: RTFM
    As far as setting up and using the MPD16, it can either be set up via the utility that it comes with (set notes for each pad and assign the fader to pitchbend, velocity or whatever) or (on mine anyway) there was a sticker on the back on how to do it manually without a computer. The feel of the pads is identical to the MPC pads and IIRC, there were 4 or 16 velocity levels for each pad. It maps by default C0 and up. It seemed to be a little flakey over the USB on my old machine but on the newer one, it worked flawlessly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information