acid SMPTE mmc mtc 1 inch reel. questions a pro NEVER will be able to answer

czar of bizarre

hello my friends. how are you all. if anyone is out there reading this it means that i have failed my mission. it means that i have not been able to record my wav files on 1 inch reel. heres the deal:

i used wav files and loops from a program that has no sync support. i saved the stuff as wav and loaded it into acid pro 2.0 i saved the stuff as acid files. i am using a pc with windows 98, amd k62, 475mhz with 376mb of ram a dio 2448 sound card and a roland um 2 for midi interface. i am trying to dump all the wav files on 24 track one inch reel track by track and flown back into the digital realm for mastering. so now that you know what im trying to do let me tell you the problem.

problem: im going analog out into a 1 inch machine. i couldnt get the acid program to chase the 1 inch reel machine. its a tascam tape with 2 one inch units on it. its used for 2 24 track tascam mixers. for a total of 48 tracks. i went through and set acid so many ways but it wouldnt chase the reel. when i finally did get the acid clock to say LISTENING i couldnt play back any files. the midi signal was being sent because the lights on the midi box lit up showing it was getting the message. however acid would not playback. the timer would roll and roll and roll but the song would not move.
th eengineer set his stuff to 1.59.59 with smpte non drop 30 frames. i set acid to the same thing. it didnt work. i ried everything that was listed in the ACID SYNC page from the manual. no help.

question: what are the proper ways to set acid to sync to a reel machine? what settings do i need to make so the engineer can press record on his tape and acid starts playing? i want to drop the stuff track by track. mute all the instruments and record. mute record mute record. thats what i want to do. i just cant get acid to do it. what midi settings do i need to make within windows? within acid? what do need to do?

can i load the stuff into cakewalk and sync from that program? if so what settings do i need to make in cakewalk?

i need SERIOUS help. my LIFE is depending on this......i only have a limited time. all help will be REWARDED!

ty

czar

ps i hope you understand what my questions are

Back