Zoom H1 vs Rode Videomic Pro for direct plugging to DSLR and Laptop

haormee

Hello guys.
I'm a total newbie. Still I searched a lot for two days from yesterday. But still I couldn't find a proper answer for my questions.

My questions is "Which one has a better sound result between Zoom H1 vs Rode Videomic Pro for direct plugging to a DSLR and a Laptop?"

Or I would like to know the order of the sound quality among the three below.

1) Zoom H1 - recording by itself
2) Zoom H1 - plugged into a DSLR
3) Rode Videomic Pro - plugged into a DSLR

My purpose:

I'm very new to audio recording and need to buy only one mic for various usages.
I need to use a mic
(1) for usual/casual video recordings outdoor with an android phone or a Nikon DSLR and
(2) for recording/capturing only my voice (for making a video tutorial and a clear Skype session).

And I might try to edit videos and sync sometimes, I don't want to bother myself much and I highly prefer to record a video and an audio together at the same time so that I don't have to sync them. (I casually record videos a lot in my daily life, which I never edit. And I would like to enhance the sound quality.)

I understand 1) is better than 2). But I don't know where 3) goes. Is 3) similar to 1) or 2), or better than something?

If 2) isn't bad, I would choose Zoom H1 because it's cheaper and if I need, I can get a good sound quality by 1)
If 3) is better than 1), then I might spend more money to buy a Rode Videomic Pro.

I tried to see YouTube reviews, but I couldn't find some videos with Zoom H1 plugged into a DSLR.

Thanks.

More simply, I checked some YouTube videos that 1) Zoom H1 - recording by itself and 3) Rode Videomic Pro - plugged into a DSLR are quite good enough. But I couldn't find enough videos to check 2) Zoom H1 - plugged into a DSLR.
Please help!

Back