Yeti Blackout For Dumber Than Dummies

Spagmon

Hello,

The only way i can hear my voice through yeti onto my headphones is if i enable "listen to this device" on windows 10 desktop and then all i hear is my delayed voice. Both usb Yeti and the usb headphones are plugged into a desktop Windows 10 computer. I tested a headset (headphones with an attached mic) on the same computer and it works perfectly, no delay. I have attached a screenshot with all of my Yeti settings in windows.

Any advice you can offer or questions relating to my setup issue, i would be most grateful.

I Love these homerecording.com forum posts!
I see a lot of topics and a lot of learning ahead for me.
(pls. see attachement)

Thanks,
Spagmon

Yeti Settings.png

Last edited:
Just checking - you're saying if you plug your headphones into the bottom of the Yeti, make sure the mute button is not enabled, and the monitor volume (not Gain) turned up, *and* the Yeti chosen as the output device in the (Windows Control Panel) Sound applet you show, you don't hear what you're saying into the microphone?

Assuming all that, have you tried different headphones plugged into the mic? If that fails, I'd say you have a defective mic, but you'd have to test another Yeti mic to confirm that.

P.S. Trying to use 2 different USB devices for input and output will certainly introduce latency, which is what you're hearing.

Hi thanks for responding.

Both yeti and the usb headphones are plugged into a windows 10 desktop computer via 2 separate usb ports on the computer, the headphones are not plugged into the microphone.

Thanks

Hi thanks for responding.Both yeti and the usb headphones are plugged into a windows 10 desktop computer via 2 separate usb ports on the computer, the headphones are not plugged into the microphone.
Pretty sure the mic has a headphone jack specifically to avoid that problem. Plug your headset into that jack and choose the Yeti as output device and see how that works.

Hi,
Thanks for replying. I will have to buy a usb to 3.5-millimeter headphone jack dongle. Wondering if using yeti as an output device, will that allow me to hear computer audio through the mic at the same time? I need to be able to hear audio from a broadcasting application at the same time.
Thanks

Back