☼☼☼ ... x ... WARNING ... x ... ☼☼☼

moresound

Loud Sun Studios
Got this email this morning .......................................

Just a quick head's up - there are a couple of "enterprising" eBay'ers who are currently offering for sale, and have actually sold, Oktava MK-319 mics supposedly modified by me.

They are fakes.

One cat claims I installed a "brand new K87 capsule" (that is not the name of the Neumann capsule and I do not replace the fine Oktava capsule in the 219, 319 and 2500 mics)...

... and further claims I installed "a new transformer" (the stock transformer is excellent and I do not replace it).

Don't buy fake Michael Joly Engineering / OktavaMod mics - all my modified mics comes with a hand-signed and dated Certificate of Authenticity.

If you are considering buy a used Michael Joly Engineering / OktavaMod mic be sure it includes my Certificate of Authenticity.

If a seller claims to have lost the Certificate of Authenticity ask for the seller's name, forward to me and I'll verify if the mic is legitimate. If it is, I'll send you a new Certificate of Authenticity and assign the unlimited warrantee to you.

I've filled multiple claims with eBay against these sellers of counterfeit mics. Please spread the word about this to your recording / musician buddys and let's stop it now.

Best, Michael

Last edited:
You just can't keep the Joly Spam out of the forums. :mad:

So, do i edit the post and remove his advertisement for used mics???

You just can't keep the Joly Spam out of the forums. :mad:

So, do i edit the post and remove his advertisement for used mics???

Since it was posted by Moresound, I hardly think it qualifies as spam. Looks to me like a forum member just trying to warn the rest of us.

Ooops, rereading my post, it appears I mistakenly singled out Moresound with my use of "You"!!! :o. That was a generic and plural use of the word. Sorry Henry, didn't mean you specifically. I thought about deleting the excerpt in question, but decided not to out of a service to the members in good standing here. However, now that it is deleted, let's just leave it out. It really doesn't serve the nature of the warning you are passing along to other members.

(for the record, Joly was recently banned from here for advertising his products in the forums and for negative posts about his competitors)

Ooops, rereading my post, it appears I mistakenly singled out Moresound with my use of "You"!!! :o. That was a generic and plural use of the word. Sorry Henry, didn't mean you specifically. I thought about deleting the excerpt in question, but decided not to out of a service to the members in good standing here. However, now that it is deleted, let's just leave it out. It really doesn't serve the nature of the warning you are passing along to other members.

(for the record, Joly was recently banned from here for advertising his products in the forums and for negative posts about his competitors)

No problem Dave. I just pasted and copied the whole email then deleted the ad. :thumbs up:

What's up with Joly? He seems to always post in a way to get himself in trouble - concerning competitors.

Back