Where to get an MD441 U reconditioned??

Beezoboy

Home Recording Guru
Someone is giving me a Sennheiser MD 441 U for FREE!! The only problem is that the thing is all beat to hell and back. It is basically held together with duct tape and chewing gum. The good news is, it still works. I am just not really ready to introduce it to use seeing as the clip is help on with tape, and it could certainly stand a good cleaning. There is no telling how old this thing is, but I would guess it is from the 70's.

Does anyone know a place where I can get this thing fixed up. I think the only part I would need to actually buy would be a new clip. The rest would just be checking the wiring on the inside and just cleaning it up.

From the little I have tested the thing, the signal does not seem to be coming out too hott. I don't know if this is a characteristic of the mic or what, but I really just want to get this thing fixed up.

I hope a dynamic CAN BE reconditioned,
Beezoboy

Send it back to Sen. for a recond and repair..I had a freind send a 421 back and they did a great job{I belive he paid like $50.00}Call them..Hell they even painted it!I belive he sent it to Sennheiser in Connenticut..Free mic ..You can't beat that!

Don

Sennheiser sells the mic holder. I've had to replace a couple myself in the past. They were very helpful and the service was fast.

I think the last one I bought was around $25.00.

Do you have any more friends like that? I could use a few myself.

Tubedude I am interested in your offer and sent you an e-mail. If you read this and haven't checked your mail, then you should.

Beezoboy

Back