What Microphone do they use in The Voice?

flight674

I've been watching some of The Voice on NBC and they use a particular microphone and I don't know what it is. I've been searching around but I'm curious to know.

Here's a link to one image:
unrealitytv.com/the-voices-beverly-mcclellans-partner-is-her-life/

And another:
billboard.com/news/the-voice-contestants-grapple-with-ne-yo-1005188672.story#/news/the-voice-contestants-grapple-with-ne-yo-1005188672.story]'The Voice': Contestants Grapple with Ne-Yo, Marvin Gaye, Who Classics | Billboard.com

You can also google it yourself but any contestant that comes up basically uses this microphone, if anyone can help that would be great

I've been watching some of The Voice on NBC and they use a particular microphone and I don't know what it is. I've been searching around but I'm curious to know.

Here's a link to one image:
unrealitytv.com/the-voices-beverly-mcclellans-partner-is-her-life/

And another:
billboard.com/news/the-voice-contestants-grapple-with-ne-yo-1005188672.story#/news/the-voice-contestants-grapple-with-ne-yo-1005188672.story]'The Voice': Contestants Grapple with Ne-Yo, Marvin Gaye, Who Classics | Billboard.com

You can also google it yourself but any contestant that comes up basically uses this microphone, if anyone can help that would be great

There are a boatload of wireless dynamic mics at B&H and they all look pretty much alike. My personal best guess is they're Audio-Technica.

They actually use a few different ones. One is the Audio-Technica Mic 3000/4000 Series, and they also use the Sennheiser 5000 Series. Hope this helps.

Ok. I may be wrong here, but I don't think/hope not. Looking closely at the base end of the mics, they appear to be vocopro brand, at least on the 2015 serious. Guessing possibly a customized version of the 5900 series. The only main difference I can see between the ones on The Voice and the ones I use for my karaoke company is the color of the screen and the fact that the ones on the show are not color coded to a channel. Can anyone confirm or shoot down my opinion?

I can't get the first link to open down here but the mics in the second picture are Sennheiser 9000s--that's their newish digital model.

B_IBC12_Senn_9000_1.jpg

These mics (like most of the high end Sennheiser products) are available with a variety of capsules depending on the voice and the use they're for so they can look slightly different...details HERE.

I find it pretty unlikely that a network TV production would be using karaoke mics.

So this was the OP's single ever post here and it was three years ago. And it's The Voice. Who the fuck cares...? :laughings:

Arrrggghhh! Caught by a classic case of thread necromancy. I thought I knew better!

I shall go sulk with a glass of Bundy.

Sometimes, believe it or not it looks like they might be using a Line 6 xd-v75 which I have used it's a modeling mic and is built great and sounds great. I've learned as long as you're going through a great pre and compression like Universal audio you can almost make a Nady sound good! Lol!!!

Arrrggghhh! Caught by a classic case of thread necromancy. I thought I knew better!

I shall go sulk with a glass of Bundy.

Not to worry . . . your necromanic post got trumped by another:

Sometimes, believe it or not it looks like they might be using a Line 6 xd-v75 which I have used it's a modeling mic and is built great and sounds great. I've learned as long as you're going through a great pre and compression like Universal audio you can almost make a Nady sound good! Lol!!!

55950582.jpg

Back