what is a condenser mic

i didnt see any answers to "what" a condenser is, only what a condenser needs or what its used for.. i was really hoping for an answer myself. it works on electrostatic elements instead of purely magnetic right?

Are you still planning on fininshing that thread up Harvey? Can't wait to hear more on drum micing. :)

-tkr

Tekker said:
Are you still planning on fininshing that thread up Harvey? Can't wait to hear more on drum micing. :)
Keep in mind that drum miking techniques are almost as personal as someone's religious preferences, so I wanna go slow in that area, which covers a lot of territory.

I'll be talking about single mic recordings, two-mic setups, 3 mic techniques, and exploring the whole range of multitrack close miking, covering as much as I can about placements, eq, effects, and tuning.

It's gonna be a big section and I still haven't talked about what mic specs REALLY mean to you as a consumer, and how to read them.

This new room has kept me pretty busy, so please hang in there. I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Wow, that sounds like quite a lesson! I think we may have to give that thread it's own forum by the time it's done. :D

Thank you again for doing all of this Harvey. :) :)

-tkr

Back