what can and cant these mics do

jal

i just got a AKG C-3000, and a C-1000. what can and cant i put these mics on. i know the spl of these mics but i dont know what the spl is of the instrument, i have them on is. i also know i can use the C-1000 as an OH, and the C-3000 as a vocal mic, but thats all i pretty much know. do any of you have any idea of the db's that most drums and electric guitars make? thanx. Jal
oh one last thing how about "mic technique" any word about a video, book, or site that shows examples with pictures. thanx again

jal:

As far as mic applications, there's no restrictions; just whatever sounds good to your ears. Remember, just a mm can change the tone.

As far as SPLs, it's pretting hard to blow mics such as that. However, I myself bought a SPL meter from Radio Shack which only goes up to 120db "A" Weighted. I figure if anything's louder that that in comparison to most of the mics in my mic cab, then it's too loud. I either need to turn down the volume (if there's a volume knob) or move the mic back if it's just sounds too damn good to turn down it down (that's extremely rare).

cool thanx, so i really shouldnt worry about the spl? i also have a spl meter should i stick it right up by the source, via,snare or amp?
thanx, Jal

Back