vocal booth design

mr. produca

getting started is hard!!!
got the carpenter guys to come in today n start marking up. turning an extra bedroom into the studio space. it measures 10x20ft so im gonna part it into 2 rooms but not right down the middle. was thinking of a vocal booth about 5x7ft with dampening material on 75% of the walls. think this will give me a good sounding booth
if i cover 100% of the booth will this adversly effect the sound of the vocal?
can i fix that with good reverb, effects etc.? :D
thankz!!!!

uh.. there isn't really alot to say...

yes, putting treatment (foam) on 100% of your walls in the booth will most likely take out all the high end, making your vocals sound 'boomy'.

not sure what you wanted as a reply. or why this is in the microphone forum..

id say in a room that small a vox booth isnt really neccisary. you getting too much verb somehow in there? get some office deviders and set them around the room if you need to kill somthing. no need to make the small room smaller.

Ty the Studio Buiding Forum. And search through it, do some due diligence and read up. the whole forum is devoted to all things related.

And I would wait a few days before complaining that no one wants to help you - we don't sit around all day just waiting for you to ask a question.

mr.rich said:
id say in a room that small a vox booth isnt really neccisary. you getting too much verb somehow in there? get some office deviders and set them around the room if you need to kill somthing. no need to make the small room smaller.
i wouldnt say that.. my vocal booth is big enough for 3 people at the most standing in there. its about 3x3! i've got a little foam in it, and it sounds great, not boomy, no ambience.

Back