Vintage Microphone

G7hGV

Hello friends
I have two very Microphones Vintage
I am a home user. I want to be used by connecting to the computer and then recording.
First, in accordance with the attached pictures -what kind of adapter I need for each one of them?
Then, I simply can connect them to the computer with Windows 10 and record? Does it require more?

2.png1.png

I would appreciate your help,
Thanks.

Pictures of the connectors alone is not enough information. Pictures of the microphones body with any manufacturers logo or model name would help in identifying what is needed to hook up the mics. The connector with the 5 pins is an odd one on a mic. Is the one with the 5 pins a handheld or a desktop type mic?

If they are usable the proper way to connect them to a computer would be a USB audio interface which could start out at around $80-$100. It may be possible to connect them to the 'MIC' input of a computer depending on what the mics are, but don't expect good results. Then again the mics may not be of great quality either given the age.

5 pin and 3 pin 180 degree DINs, but that doesn't really help that much. the 5 pin is usually used for stereo connections and unbalanced - the concept being a mono device uses pin 2 as ground and then the in and out are available on the connector - normally pin 1 and 3, the stereo version adds pins 4 and 5, which go in between. You can find this on Google. The only snag is that with only a few exceptions, microphones using these were very 'consumer' - so not balanced and usually a nice companion for the average quality recorders of the time - so you vintage mics could well be old rather horrible ones? What are they? If they are typical dynamics as most were then they are also probably high impedance which makes matching to a modern proper interface a little tricky. They won't make a good direct match to the usual low impedance mic inputs on laptops or cards.

More info is needed. Make, model and a pic of the mics and we can advise further - just be ready for a 'don't bother' response.

These connectors sort of look like what is on a couple old CB (citizens band radio) I had at one time. Extra pins were for the switch on the mic to key up the transmitter.

Back