Ultimate Noise Rejection Microphone

Jacob1234098

Requirement: A microphone I can use professionally in a loud Starbucks for business calls. Very high ambient noise rejection, maintaining speaker voice quality. Nearly full noise rejection of ambient noise, spoken words sounding like they come from an office setting.

Preferred option (not acceptable): https://www.theboom.com/The only good option I came across with hours of research. The product quality is terrible. Units break in days or a few months. Unacceptable.

Options:
1. Microphone with supercardioid or shotgun polar pattern. Possible auditory insulation (foam, tape, etc?) of all but forward-facing side (0 degrees). (see extra notes below).
2. C555 L - High-performance head-worn condenser microphone | AKG Acoustics - I can't find examples demonstrating noise cancellation capability. Anyone know how well this works?

Concerns: How to connect mic to iphone 5s? Or if not possible, to laptop without cumbersome audio interface.

I really appreciate the help!

------------------------------------------------------

Extra notes:

Theboom.com achieves the result I want.
Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjrzE84w7mY

They use no software processing to achieve the effect. Their solution is described in marketing terminology here:

Code:
UmeVoice‘s acoustic passive noise-canceling technology cancels out 
noise before it enters the signal. This is inherently better than attempting to 
remove the noise from the signal after it is already mixed in - unlike other 
active noise-canceling technology. A high signal to noise ratio (S/N) is attained
 without sacrificing the flat frequency response.

Using our acoustically based approach, theBoom accentuates the user‘s voice 
by concentrating it in the front of the microphone while deflecting the voice 
from the back port. The background noise is directed towards both ports to 
reduce noise vibration.

Rode makes decent mics that work with iPhones. I think most are designed to be used with cameras and/or iPhones. I don't use one of those, but have other Rode mics that are very good.

Back