TV spot

Paj

My band just did a TV spot for an NBC affiliate and here's what the techs (who were just great!) used: Vocals---SM58's; Drums---SM57's; DI's---Whirlwind Directors. No amps---everything went straight to the board and came back to us through Yamaha floor monitors. Painless and perfectly fine.

Paj
8^)

58's for vocals, 57's on drums, good to see they were not trying to reinvent the wheel, a few people reading the forum saying they can't get a sound from these 2 mics should read this.

You did not say what the band line up was though? no electric guitars?

Alan.

Last edited:
TV spots I do ... we go with the usual tour microphone package. Beta 58's, 57's, Etc. etc.
PA - guitar amps and all. For there is usually a studio audience.

LOOK HERE for a thread that I posted in the MP3 forum that has a full list of microphones and equipment used.
Along with a link to the video that was put up on youtube. Am sure you'll find it all interesting.

Thanks Rich. That's the kind of work that molded my skills back in the day.
Things like ... micing a band up, sound checked and ready for live air play all done in a fifteen minute time frame.
It's a fly or crash scenario and am happy to report that am still flying high. :thumbs up:

Radio spots seems much easier to me.

You did not say what the band line up was though? no electric guitars?

Alan.

Keys/Bass, Drums, Electric Guitar (c'est moi). I brought my Sennheiser G3 wireless (pre-approved), a Whirlwind IMP, and my ZT Lunchbox and the incredibly important guitar stand (is there anything more compact than those under $20 folding Fender stands?). Because we did an old R&B number I didn't need any effects. I ended up going straight into the board from the G3 (via DI)---didn't even need the amp. The techs folded back everything through Yamaha wedges and gave us everything we asked for.

Paj
8^)

P.S.: Not to sound jaded, but we also brought backing tracks in CD-DA, AIFF, MP3, WAV, WMA & MID formats, on CDs and flash drives. We also emailed them the backing tracks in advance---just in case. You never know . . . some people say Murphy was an optimist.

Back