Tube mics...

Marcellovalerio said:
I wanna HEAR the TUBE...:)

Yea, but does the tube want to hear you? ? ? :D That's the question.

I didn't know that they made much noise to begin with. I guess I need to listen closer.

I was at the MXL website and it looks like the V77S has been discontinued indeed.

Can anybody explain why a manufacturer discontinues his best sounding microphone?

Or is there the same mic with just another body? and another type?

Marcellovalerio said:
www.music123.com sell the v77

I nabbed a ksm44 instead...hope i won't regret it when i can't get a v77 no more...

A question about tube mics...
I wanna HEAR the TUBE...:)

Any mic's that will let me hear the tube ?

Oh, and what does a FET mic do compared to a tube? (soundwise speaking...)

I would suggest to anyone considering purchasing anything from music123 online or through eBay would be to call first and see if they actually have the item in stock. After editing Harvey’s Big Thread, I decided I wanted a pair of MXL603s and supposedly bought a pair using eBay. But when the 10-day shipping period had expired I called Music123 and they told me the mics were on back order. They said they would call within the week if the mics arrived or if the mics didn’t arrive they would still call me and ask me if I wanted a credit. Well they didn’t call. I had to repeatedly call them and finally they refunded my money. The entire process took over a month between when I originally paid for the mics and when I finally received my credit. Apparently many people have had success with them but I did not.

My two cents.

junplugged said:
Having a hard time finding the v77, anyone know where they are available now?

A gear pimp in the Netherlands has some 30 brand new V69's and V77's in stock and he ships them everywhere. Very reliable pimp as well.

I've just bought two of them mics from the guy.

Contact via www.msv.nl

If this looks like spam, I'm really sorry.

Han said:
A gear pimp in the Netherlands has some 30 brand new V69's and V77's in stock and he ships them everywhere. Very reliable pimp as well.

I've just bought two of them mics from the guy.

Contact via www.msv.nl

If this looks like spam, I'm really sorry.

How much did you pay?

That's ridiculous, a microphone that costs $299 somewhere in the USA and more than $1300 somewhere in the UK.

Can anybody enlighten me please?

(How much does it cost in China?)

Back