Trying to find a replacement mic for streaming/recording.

shinram

Trying to find a replacement mic for recording.

Finally, my old, rather ancient Shure mic I use in my home studio gave up. I’m hosting a podcast every once in a while and my friends sure had a lot of good laughs because my mic looks just like the ones they use in a karaoke.

Anyway, I decided to get something that looks better and I don’t mind spending a bit for it. Found the MXL 770 Condenser Mic on this list and I thought it’s pretty cool with a sort of vintage look to it. Has anyone tried this yet?

I am not a singer and I don’t intend to but I want recording sound quality for my mic when I stream or hold my podcast. The Blue Yeti mic you’ll see on this page kind of looks cool too because it already has a stand but I feel like it’s a rather old model.

Any suggestions?

Shinram, I use the Audio Technica AT2005

Shinram, I use the Audio Technica AT2005 this is a dynamic mic, fantastic for voice/podcasting. Two things that make this the perfect mic for podcasting are, it is both USB and XLR, and it is under $80!

John Hames
Old Guard Audio Podcast

audio technica.jpg

A condenser mic is going to pick up more room sound - do you use your computer keyboard when doing your podcast? If so, a condenser mic will pick up the 'clicks'.

Back