Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E

• F

• Total voters

dickiefunk

Hi,

I'm trying out a couple of new mics along with my current collection and would really appreciate some help.
I've posted some mic clips of the Neumann TLM102, CAD E100s, Audio Technica 4047, SE 2200T, Rode NT1a and Studio Projects B1.
The vocalist that did these clips is not an experienced pro singer and wasn't confident on what she was singing so please don't comment on the performance.
She was about 10 inches from the mic and positioning was a consistent as possible with each take. The mic was recorded through a Focusrite ISA One at 30db gain.
What are your thoughts on the tone of each of these clips and which is your favorite?
I've also tried to match the volumes roughly so this is not by any means a perfect test but just an idea.

A

B

C

D

E

F

Ok I've done some more clips with some of these mics with the vocalist I mainly work with. The clips are in two parts with quite an essy type start and a belting second half to cover the range of her voice.

The mics in these clips (not in order but correspond with the earlier clips) are the AT4047, SE2200T, AT4040, Neumann TLM 102 and CAD E100s.

Here are the newer clips.

A2

B2

C2

D2

X2

Please let me know your thoughts!!
I need to decide on which mic to keep by Thursday as the others need to be sent back by then!!

1) F, E, C, A, B, D.
2) X2, D2, B2, A2, C2.
I'd have been happier not knowing the brands but there's my tuppence worth.
The second set had quite a variation in performances and in the first set there seems to be a little tickle in the back of the throat which is a little difficult to ignore.
Nice room/booth though.

Thanks Jim,

Ok here are the mics :-

A - SE2200T
B - Audio Technica 4047
C - NEUMANN TLM102
D - CAD E100S
E - STUDIO PROJECTS B1
F - RODE NT1A
X2 - AUDIO TECHNICA 4040

Back