T-Bone microphones??

slidey

anybody familiar with these particular mic's??

the drummer in the band I work in has got himself a T-Bone SDC that is rather nice for the price

I just wondered what the general concensus was amongst those who have used them?? did you like them or are they a waste of money??

I'm particularly interested in the ribbons they do & the shotgun mics

slidey :D

Most all T-Bone mics are just Chinese Knock offs...There Ribbon Mics and Condenser mics are the same as the Chinese Alctron Mics (also Bought and rebranded by Nady,Apex,Shiney Box ect) and just rebranded.....

Some of there mics are OK but some are just awefull...

I actually buy T-Bone Dynamic mics for $3 each at the Dollar store and Gut them and Build my own Condenser mics and use the Bodies from the T-Bone mics for my Condenser mics, and I can tell you that my Custom made Condenser mics are MUCH better sounding that the T-Bone mics that I build them from...
If you want to buy a couple Condenser mics that I make from the T-Bone bodies I can give you a Good deal??($25 each + shipping)

Cheers

And here I was all excited

because I thought it was going to be a thread about micing trombones. :o

Nevermind.

Cardioidpotent said:
because I thought it was going to be a thread about micing trombones. :o

Nevermind.

Any mic has more range than a trombone. I mean... how far -can- you throw a trombone, anyway?

dgatwood said:
Any mic has more range than a trombone. I mean... how far -can- you throw a trombone, anyway?

LOL it has to be said though at close range a trombone could do a fair bit more damage than a mic............

Minion said:
Most all T-Bone mics are just Chinese Knock offs...There Ribbon Mics and Condenser mics are the same as the Chinese Alctron Mics (also Bought and rebranded by Nady,Apex,Shiney Box ect) and just rebranded.....

Some of there mics are OK but some are just awefull...

I actually buy T-Bone Dynamic mics for $3 each at the Dollar store and Gut them and Build my own Condenser mics and use the Bodies from the T-Bone mics for my Condenser mics, and I can tell you that my Custom made Condenser mics are MUCH better sounding that the T-Bone mics that I build them from...
If you want to buy a couple Condenser mics that I make from the T-Bone bodies I can give you a Good deal??($25 each + shipping)

Cheers

thanks for that minion, The SDC my buddy has is not to bad though, maybe he got one of the better ones

T-Bone Microphones

I am a Canadian based in Paris. T-Bone mics are manufactured by the same company that manufactures SE microphones called Feilo-China. In almost all cases they are identicle. I own both the Tbone SC 1100 and the Tube SCT 800. They are incredible microphones that sell for three times more by SE electronics. For example the SE 5500 sells for over 550£ or about 850 Dollars that is about three times more for the identicle mic. My SC 1100 is in fact an SE EX3300 microphone that sells for about 450. The construction of these mics is astounding. The sound quality is on par with the best microphones on the market. In fact the SCT 800 is a copy of the AKG C12V. Please find enclosed a review of the SCT 800. By the way the SC 1100 has three positions as well as a high pass filter at 100 Hz.

http://dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/hardware/item.cfm?threadid=1750&lang=0
Here are pother reviews in French you may wish to have Google translate for you:

http://fr.audiofanzine.com/produits/avis/index,idproduit,16866,mao,tbone_sc1100.html

benjikan said:
I am a Canadian based in Paris. T-Bone mics are manufactured by the same company that manufactures SE microphones called Feilo-China. In almost all cases they are identicle. I own both the Tbone SC 1100 and the Tube SCT 800. They are incredible microphones that sell for three times more by SE electronics. For example the SE 5500 sells for over 550£ or about 850 Dollars that is about three times more for the identicle mic. My SC 1100 is in fact an SE EX3300 microphone that sells for about 450. The construction of these mics is astounding. The sound quality is on par with the best microphones on the market. In fact the SCT 800 is a copy of the AKG C12V. Please find enclosed a review of the SCT 800. By the way the SC 1100 has three positions as well as a high pass filter at 100 Hz.

http://dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/hardware/item.cfm?threadid=1750&lang=0
Here are pother reviews in French you may wish to have Google translate for you:

http://fr.audiofanzine.com/produits/avis/index,idproduit,16866,mao,tbone_sc1100.html

Another un-biased opinion, just in time with their first post to enlighten us to the fact that T-Bone mics are incredible, outstanding, and just as good as anything out there, including a C12. :rolleyes:

Benjikan - Do you always talk like a commercial?

Robert D said:
Another un-biased opinion, just in time with their first post to enlighten us to the fact that T-Bone mics are incredible, outstanding, and just as good as anything out there, including a C12. :rolleyes:

LMAO glad to hear that from Benjikan, I use SE mics & love them

hmmmmmmmmmm interesting

Robert D said:

No, It has more to do with my advertising connections I guess..I do use both the SC 1100 and SCT 800 and am constantly amazed by how good they sound..Dumped my NT1A as a result...

blueroommusic said:
can anyone say "I work for this company...we are badass, I swear"
No..I don't work for the company...About ten years ago when Sennheiser bought out Neumann and fired the whole staff, two of the Neumann disgruntled engineers went to China and worked at FEILO developing a whole new line of microphones. The resultant effect of that collaboration were microphones such as the Feilo z3300 aka SE 3300 aka T-Bone SC 1100 and tube mics like the SE 5500, Feilo 5500 and T-Bone SCT 800. Look at mics like Charter Oak for example and you will see an incredible likeness. I figure that if I have to chose between a Rolls Royce and a Rolls Royce with another name stamped on the body for upwards of ten times less, I'll take the Generique version...

Only one problem, SE doesn't use filo anymore, they have their own facilities, there own designs, they don't make mics for anyone, and nobody makes mics for them. They are on their own.

Not Quite

Yes they have there own factory and yes they have assembly provisions, but Feilo are still supplying them them with essential components....SE are just becoming more savy at Marketing. No more no less.

T-Bone is a rebrander of Chinese made microphones. That does not make them evil, nor does it necessarily make their microphones bad. It does mean that just because one model is good that the other models are good because they may be coming from entirely different manufacturers.

If you look around you can pretty soon do a matchup to see that this T-Bone is the same as this Apex which is the same as this Nady which is the same as this Shinybox.

I have a friend who uses the drum mics and has had some very good results with them. he is a professional and thought they were toys, plugged em in and was very pleasantly surprised !

Innovations said:
T-Bone is a rebrander of Chinese made microphones. That does not make them evil, nor does it necessarily make their microphones bad. It does mean that just because one model is good that the other models are good because they may be coming from entirely different manufacturers.

If you look around you can pretty soon do a matchup to see that this T-Bone is the same as this Apex which is the same as this Nady which is the same as this Shinybox.

The reason I brought all of this up is that companies like Gotham Audio in Canada dropped Geffel and replaced that brand for Feilo...People like Dave Thomas at Audio Solutions has nothing but great things to say about some of the Feilo Microphones particularly the 3300 and 5500. It is a pleasant surprise to be able to purchase a mike of exemplary quality at a reasonable price. When I first got the mike I was "blown away" by the quality of craftsmanship and of course the sound. Thomann has very high quality control and as they are not spending money on advertising, public relations, media relations etc. they can pass the savings on to us the consumers.

well if you go back a few pages youll see a post i made called something like "mic test shure sm57 versus chinese copies"

I tested out two different thomann mb75 shure sm57 copies and posted up audio clips of the results, and neither sounded anything like an sm57 and they both sounded completely different from each other.

One was excessively bassy and resonated like crazy at a few frequencies and the other was thin and nasal. I'm not a gear snob, i dont have a great deal of money and i like budget things that are good, but I would avoid these mics if you can as I wasted my money on them, and for the price of two mb75s i could nearly have 1 sm57. Given the choice again I would not buy the t bone mics.

It has nothing to do with quality, but PROFIT MARGIN, bub. moving more units to more people. no chinese POS will compare to a MG, Schoeps, DPA, etc...

benjikan said:
The reason I brought all of this up is that companies like Gotham Audio in Canada dropped Geffel and replaced that brand for Feilo...People like Dave Thomas at Audio Solutions has nothing but great things to say about some of the Feilo Microphones particularly the 3300 and 5500. It is a pleasant surprise to be able to purchase a mike of exemplary quality at a reasonable price. When I first got the mike I was "blown away" by the quality of craftsmanship and of course the sound. Thomann has very high quality control and as they are not spending money on advertising, public relations, media relations etc. they can pass the savings on to us the consumers.

Back