sure bg5.1

heupel

I just went looking at some cheaper condenser mikes and had a salesman showing me a Sure BG5.1---anyone know anything about it? I also saw a sure that looked like the high end neumanns, with the chord around the base to cut down on vibration. If anyone knows anything about these mikes I would appreciate the info. Thanks

i posted something about BG4.1s but no one replied, i guess they arent very used then... so im guessing that from the fact that not many use them that they arent that good? i dunno. just posting because i dont feel like going to sleep yet.

I went back to the Music store and talked them into letting me take one and try it out. Not very impressed..Not too bad for the money--they were asking $160----But not good enough for what I want to do. later.......

I asked that same question a few months ago and a most people suggested I buy something else. The most common suggestions were

1) Oktava MC012 or MC319 - Everyone on this BBS will tell to buy ONLY from the The SoundRoom, http://www.oktava.com, since they do extensive quality control checks on the mics.

2) AT 4033/SM

3) AT 3525 - I think that's the model number

4) AKG C1000S

I bought the 4033 and the C1000S for $299 and $179 respectively (I think these were pretty good prices) and they've helped a lot.
I still have my Shure SM58 and SM57 but mostly use them on amps now. I use the AT and AKG for acoustic, vocals, and hopefully (if I can get my wife to start playing on some songs) piano.

I just noticed that Fishmed recently started a topic about a new mic from Rode - the NT3. He said the NT3 is supposed to be similar to the C100S. It might be worth checking out, at least based on what people here say about the NT1.

By the way, I really should have mentioned the NT1 in my last reply. People here rave about it and it's only $199.

[This message has been edited by DaveO (edited 03-10-2000).]

I'm not completely sure it was a shure, but I'm pretty sure it was a shure.............my spelling sucks

Back