Suggestions for Wireless Microphones used for Interviews

aarias

Hello everyone,

I apologize if my question has been asked elsewhere, I searched the forum but was unable to locate anything that would apply to my situation. If I missed it, feel free to refer me to that thread and I'll review accordingly.

A last minute opportunity came up and I am going to be a journalist for a prestige Music festival in Europe. Since this is rather last minute I am in a bit of a time crunch and understand whatever I am going to get needs to be overnighted. I am looking for a microphone that I can use for my camcorder. My main responsibility will be to interview artists as well as fans and composers. I need to be as mobile as possible as I'll be walking around with my camera and the microphone quite a bit. It has to be a handheld microphone but I'm also considering getting a lapel microphone if it's within my financial means. Since I am travelling from the US to Europe I am trying to keep things on the lighter side. Same goes for the financial aspect, My hope was to stay around $200 or less but if you have an amazing suggestion that is slightly above my budget then I'm open to that as well, I'm just watching what I am spending.

Again:

- I'll be doing a lot of interviews with people
- need to be as mobile as possible
- the interviews will be done mostly indoors but some outdoor activity is also possible
- there will be background noise as it's a huge press center
- $200 preferred, open to suggestions
- handheld a must, possibly thinking about lapel as well
- due to overseas travel I need to keep it as light as possible

I should add I'm no Tech expert so something overly sophisticated may be over my head but I'm no dummy either

I hope this gives you somewhat of an idea but please do not hesitate to ask me any questions. I truly appreciate all of your input. While this is something I'm really excited about, the time crunch affects my decision making significantly.

I failed to add the kind of camcorder I'm using. It's a small camcorder that has to do the trick for now. It's a Sony Handycam HDR XR260

Back