Studio Projects Customer Service

H2oskiphil said:
OK-I can accept that. But what does that have to do with their quality control?

Less than a year ago, you were singing their praises because you "never had any problems with them", and "that's the kind of customer service" you liked best.

Now, you question the QC processes of both the manufacturer (797 Audio) and the designer (Studio Projects).

Regardless of whether or not you own any of the SP line now, if you never had any problems with them when you DID own them, why do you wonder about their QC processes?
I also had some problems with them... listen H2oskiphil, if you want to bash PMI, do it yourself... I'm not interested in your crap.

"No, and I'm not going to ever post any music files on this mic forum either... I want talk about mics, not my your or my music."

OK DJL fair enough. Now what type of problem with the mics have you had? Im not talking about dislike for Alan Hyatt or anything personal either. If you had a problem with a mic and they didn't make it right I would like to hear about it

Wireneck said:
"No, and I'm not going to ever post any music files on this mic forum either... I want talk about mics, not my your or my music."

OK DJL fair enough. Now what type of problem with the mics have you had? Im not talking about dislike for Alan Hyatt or anything personal either. If you had a problem with a mic and they didn't make it right I would like to hear about it
See my reply to H2oskiphil above.

BTW-im not asking you to bash anyone. I just want to know what the problem was and what was done about it.

DJL

Please don't read anything more in to this question other that curiousity. I'm not bashing, just interested. I won't reply with anything other than a thank you. I will also respect your right to tell me to go fuck myself, given our history.

What did you replace your SP mics with?

Thanks

DJL said:
I also had some problems with them... listen H2oskiphil, if you want to bash PMI, do it yourself... and don't drag me in to your crap.

LOL! :rolleyes:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present:

DJL, the man (woman? I have no freaking idea...) who doesn't want to be associated with PMI bashing!

This is comparable to Paul's visit from God on the road to Damascus.....

like I said before, I don't want to get involved in the middle of a giant "Rain Man" thread but I am curious. How is it bashing if you a) had a problem with a studio projects mic
b) reported the problem in the proper manner to someone at Sp.
C) they did nothing to help the problem

If this is the case, I would like to know about it and would not consider it a "bash" if it were true and did in fact take place.

H2oskiphil said:
LOL! :rolleyes:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present:

DJL, the man (woman? I have no freaking idea...) who doesn't want to be associated with PMI bashing!

This is comparable to Paul's visit from God on the road to Damascus.....
Hey H2oskiphil, you dumbass fag, fuckoff.

DJL said:
Hey H2oskiphil, you dumbass fag, fuckoff.

Hmmmmm.....I don't THINK that has anything to do with microphones.

You DO just wanna talk about microphones, right? At least that's what your reason is for not posting any samples of your work.

:eek:

Wireneck said:
like I said before, I don't want to get involved in the middle of a giant "Rain Man" thread but I am curious. How is it bashing if you a) had a problem with a studio projects mic
b) reported the problem in the proper manner to someone at Sp.
C) they did nothing to help the problem

If this is the case, I would like to know about it and would not consider it a "bash" if it were true and did in fact take place.
Yawn, I'm not going to let you or the other RAIN DANCERS set me up... if you really want to know... do a search.

H2oskiphil said:

You DO just wanna talk about microphones, right? At least that's what your reason is for not posting any samples of your work.

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

H2oskiphil said:

Go Rain man go...

H2oskiphil said:
Your words, cowboy. Direct quote.
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:

Go cowboy, go.

I'm sure that there's a point to what you're doing, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is.

As you were, soldier!

H2oskiphil said:
I'm sure that there's a point to what you're doing, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is.

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!

H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
H2oskiphil said:
H2oskiphil said:

As you were, soldier!
Go soldier, go...

DJ has discovered the paste function.

You might want to leave a little room on the servers for mic related topics.

Now here's a guy who must really hate PMI and 797 Audio/Studio Projects.

c7sus said:
My comment wasn't meant to be funny.

I think everybody here knows how I feel about Chinese products and the ways in which they are produced, and why I think it's wrong to buy products made in China.

I've been playing guitar for nearly 35 years. My instruments are a couple Martins. My main instrument is a 77 D-35L. The other is an 85 D-45L Custom.

I'll be damned if I'm gonna waste my time using gear that costs $20 to produce to record something I've invested so much time and energy into learning to use.

But if you're inclined to use $20 worth of bootlegged, backwards-engineered-from-stolen-designs crap made in a factory whose proceeds support one of the most repressive governments on the planet to record your music, have at it.

c7sus said:
Unfortunately their backwards-engineering isn't confined solely to mics.

See Behringer. They've managed to run Mackie out of Woodinville, WA and now all their stuff is coming from China too.

Pretty sad state of affairs IMHO.

c7sus said:
Because we like exporting our jobs to them.

We get illegal alien wages without the muss and fuss of actually having the illegals cluttering up our hospitals and schools.

Also, we want to sell them Pepsi and Coke. Doing all our work makes those poor bastards mighty thirsty.

Actually, c7 is not a big fan of ANY of the Chinese mics-not just 797 Audio or PMI, because he has issues with the Chinese government and the wages that Chinese workers get paid. He also believes that there is a lot of reverse engineering going on in China, and that the Chinese government is doing nothing to protect the intellectual rights of the companies that are getting ripped off.

While I disagree with his premise (that buying anything made in China is de facto support for their practices), at least he's come out and made it very clear why he believes what he believes, and I respect that.

Others on this forum simply take potshots at specfic products or manufacturers, but when asked why they feel the way they do, refuse to answer or change the subject. I have NO respect for that.

If you're gonna take a stand, be prepared to back it up with some details about why you feel the way you do.

Damn DJL,
All you had to say was do the search. You started the rain man act on your own this time man. Your fight or flight response must be wired weird. "I SENSE A CONFRONTATION WHICH INVOLVES ME ACTUALLY EXPLAINING MYSELF..........INITIATE RAINMAN SEQUENCE.
At least I know now how your post count got so high.

Back