Studio Project C4

Hey Terry,

very cool Name still4given. I like that . Hey where is this place you are talking about for 603's. Share the wealth dude. Thanks

stoctony

W.S. Walcott said:
Just got my replaced shockmounts for the C4 today...tried em out.....hold the mic snug....

Was gonna toss my old ones......(don't hold the C4's for $hi#...)

Grabbed a 57....holds it PERFECT....now I got TWO 57 shockmounts!!!

Don't know if I'll ever use it....but....can't hurt to keep em around....
I think the dumbest thing I ever saw was the C4's shockmounts. Just won't hold the mic. Who didn't see this shit?

QC = Quality Clusterfuck

At least you got some 57 mounts out of it...I need to see if my buddy kept his before eBaying his C4's with the new mounts...

War

stoctony said:
Hey Terry,

very cool Name still4given. I like that . Hey where is this place you are talking about for 603's. Share the wealth dude. Thanks

stoctony

Sorry, I spelled it wrong, it's http://www.shreveaudio.com/. I don't know for sure if they are still selling them for that, but I read it recently in a thread her. Give them a call.

Blessings, Terry

BTW, for any who are interested, Justin Hyatt tracked me down and sent me new C-4 shockmounts due to statements I made regarding mine, which really did suck. Although similar in design to the originals, the elastics are strung differently, and more importantly, the composition of the plastic on the new ones is vastly superior to the old ones, and they are quite usable. They do have the plastic threads that DJL complains about, and although I agree that brass inserts would be preferable, if you are careful not to cross thread them, they are just fine.
Before anybody jumps on PMI for taking so long to correct the problem, it is entirely my fault. As I have other shock mounts, I didn't really pursue the issue. If I had brought it to Justin's attention earlier, I expect he would have been quite prompt. Thanks Justin.-Richie

Richard Monroe said:
BTW, for any who are interested, Justin Hyatt tracked me down and sent me new C-4 shockmounts due to statements I made regarding mine, which really did suck. Although similar in design to the originals, the elastics are strung differently, and more importantly, the composition of the plastic on the new ones is vastly superior to the old ones, and they are quite usable. They do have the plastic threads that DJL complains about, and although I agree that brass inserts would be preferable, if you are careful not to cross thread them, they are just fine.
Before anybody jumps on PMI for taking so long to correct the problem, it is entirely my fault. As I have other shock mounts, I didn't really pursue the issue. If I had brought it to Justin's attention earlier, I expect he would have been quite prompt. Thanks Justin.-Richie
Correct me if I'm wrong... but, I think I read that PMI was planning to upgrade the C4 package with metal threaded holders also.

Back