*Spark* or the NT1-A for female vocals...

aluminex

Getting a mic for my daughter with a micmate or something similar... eventually getting preamp etc...

I was wondering for a woman's vocals would the NT1-a be a good mic for vocals? Someone also suggested a Blue Spark mic as well... I am looking in the 150-200 price range.

Just beginning to learn about all of this and apologize for this question as I am sure it gets asked quite often.

In my experience, RODE makes some damn fine mics. Not as big a name as BLUE. I used to own an NTK, and and NT3 and *really* regret ever selling them... those things were beautiful. I think a good quality condenser should be able to reproduce most anything faithfully. Not directly related to what you ask in models...sorry about that. I am not as techie as some of the guys on here (to my disadvantage), just relating my limited experience in the hope that it might help. I tell you, if I could afford an NT-1 at the moment, I would own one.

Getting a mic for my daughter with a micmate or something similar... eventually getting preamp etc...

I was wondering for a woman's vocals would the NT1-a be a good mic for vocals? Someone also suggested a Blue Spark mic as well... I am looking in the 150-200 price range.

Just beginning to learn about all of this and apologize for this question as I am sure it gets asked quite often.

I think the NT-1A sounds like the rice crispies guys taking a crap.

I'd look into an MXL VG67 for $100 less.

I think the NT-1A sounds like the rice crispies guys taking a crap.

I'd look into an MXL VG67 for $100 less.

I don't think I've gotten that close to Snap Crackle or Pop while they were preforming their morning constitution to confirm this accusation Super ~ :-)D) ~

The Blue (orange) spark is to new to make a call on it as yet.
The MXL V67g is a great microphone for the price as is the MXL 2003a.

:cool:

Cool... I am going for the MXL 67g --- so that's $100.00 less and that gives me the ability to buy a preamp instead of a mic mate.

Any suggestions for $100 preamp w/ phantom power?

If you shop around on the internet you can find the MXL V67g for around $80. But be sure that it has a g on the end for there are other models in that line that end with other letters.

Check out the golden age pre 73 microphone preamp
Or a FRM RNMP

:cool:

For what it's worth, I've been using the NT1-A on female vocals, and it has remarkable presence for such an inexpensive mic.

Back