Spam Etiquette

ap

Guess this really belongs on the feedback forum, but considering that other thread, this seems like a more useful place.

The topic of spam came up on another bbs and was settled quickly and peacefully. A company actually hyped their new product in the title of the thread. Here's what ensued:

"
P.S. With all the respect I have for you guys, I think is a bit cheecky to use this e-space for your personal business... Uhmmm... But considering what you guys charge (damn cheap!)...may be not!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 60 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2001 | IP: Logged

clif
Administrator
Member # 40
Member Rated:

posted 11-20-2001 04:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gylda,
Sonik allows the occasional posting from vendors...

This does two things, it encourages folks to get to know their clientel and allows them to post in a responsible mannor (ie., no spamming).

We have a few rules we ask these folks to abide by...ie., no posting under assumed names doing selfpromotion (its happened before), no nonfactual comparisons to other manufacturers (ya can talk about something sounding warm, but you sure as hell can't talk about it being warmer than someone elses product as this isn't a measurable thing...but ya can talk about 'This Plug in works in Surround Sound at 96khz whereas XZVST.COM's product only works at 12k'). Simple things like that.

The PSP guys did a good job of promoting their product responsibly, and I hope they stick around
"

Here's the link to it if you want to see the whole thing:
http://community.sonikmatter.com/emagic/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=30&t=000022

Back