Silica gel

pdadda

Captain Sea Boots
My wife just got some shoes that had these silica dessicant packets in them. Are these safe to store in my mic bags to soak up moisture?

pdadda said:
My wife just got some shoes that had these silica dessicant packets in them. Are these safe to store in my mic bags to soak up moisture?

yep, they should work fine.

Just a reminder.
Silica packs all eventually absorb all the moisture they will hold. You can refresh them by putting them in the oven at about 175-200 deg for a couple of hours to dry them out. Some packs actually have color indicators to let you know when they are full of moisture.

Tom

tmix said:
Just a reminder.
Silica packs all eventually absorb all the moisture they will hold. You can refresh them by putting them in the oven at about 175-200 deg for a couple of hours to dry them out. Some packs actually have color indicators to let you know when they are full of moisture.

Tom

I got some excellent silica gel units with a little window to see the colour indiator, protect up to 3cubic ft- they are used by coin, stamp etc. collectors - you can get them on ebay for about $10. One of these does my whold collection

EdWonbass said:
Don't eat them! :D
Why not??? I know they always say on them somewhere that we are no to eat them, but...

Maybe they are good! Maybe they will make us stronger. You know, like steriods or something.

Maybe they will make us smarter! Yeah...that's it. And the government knows that too, so they want to keep us from eating them in order to keep us stupid.

Maybe...they are the "fountain of youth". Maybe, if we ate them, we would live forever!!!

Then again...maybe if we eat them...it would absorb all of the water in our body within seconds and we would almost instantly be transformed into a pile of dust.

So, maybe I'll refrain. Just in case.

But, you know...it's a good thing I know how to read! Or else whenever I bought a pair of shoes...and I opened the box...and saw that little packet in there...I might be tempted to think, "Hey! What's this little bag that came with my shoes? Must be something to eat!!!"

justharold said:
Why not??? I know they always say on them somewhere that we are no to eat them, but...

Maybe they are good! Maybe they will make us stronger. You know, like steriods or something.

Maybe they will make us smarter! Yeah...that's it. And the government knows that too, so they want to keep us from eating them in order to keep us stupid.

Maybe...they are the "fountain of youth". Maybe, if we ate them, we would live forever!!!

Then again...maybe if we eat them...it would absorb all of the water in our body within seconds and we would almost instantly be transformed into a pile of dust.

So, maybe I'll refrain. Just in case.

But, you know...it's a good thing I know how to read! Or else whenever I bought a pair of shoes...and I opened the box...and saw that little packet in there...I might be tempted to think, "Hey! What's this little bag that came with my shoes? Must be something to eat!!!"

I've got a big air compressor at home...about 160 PSI...maybe I should blow out all my big diaphram mics with it when spring cleaning time comes around? :D :eek:

Back