Sick of cats destroying equipment, is this mic likely to be damaged?

mattyvsmithy

So yeah, basically, somehow my cats managed to knock a tightly tucked away Marantz MPM 3000 mic in it's shock case right off of a shelf that's about 7ft high!

I have no idea how they did it, the case hopefully got slightly cushioned by a clothes horse below it but there is a small dent.

Will the mic be okay? It's tightly packed in and secured in the case so I'm hoping so, any tests to ensure functionality?

Haven't got the time until later to test for sure.

Bloody animals, time for a trip to the vet for some snipping I think! :D

Same here. Everything needs to be on the floor, it seems. Thats about eleven indoors. My music room is off limits, but they find a way : )

Yeah I agree!

Well, I've still not tested it (Busy day yesterday) but I'm sure it'll be fine as it was in it's shock case.

As for pics of Doug and Tilly - They are just little moggy gits, nothing too exciting ;)

Cats need to go. Or be put down.

I have two cats (the woman's fault)

Pain in the ass, filthy. clumsy animals.

It's a Love/Hate relationship for sure.
If I didn't love 'em, they'd be dead.

:D

Last edited:
I wouldn't leave any mics out of their cases either.
My nephew's cat got sent to the farm after it peed in the vents on his dad's new jeep (it was an actual farm, not the proper farm).
Cat's are weird about what they pee on - especially rubber type smells.

The mic on the shelf is used for profiling purposes, if a cat knocks it down then the cat has been profiled out of the house. If the cat does not knock it down then it can stay. I have had studio cats over the years and 2 of them were great, one used to sit with me at the console and let me know what they thought of the music, if they left it was rubbish if they stayed and purred it was a hit LOL. Unfortunately for cats, the studio is not in the house anymore and we live in an apartment that would not suit a cat, so not more cats.

Alan.

I've got two cats that hang in my studio all the time...so far, the only thing that's been damaged by them was a coffee mug. :D

They have their designated spots where they can hang out...but they do like to perch on top of my monitors...considering that one of their designated spots is a high "loft" I created on top of one gear rack, and it's near the right-side monitors. :eek:

Back