shure unidyne 111 545s-d

terry6568

Ive Had My Lovely Unidyne 111 545 For About 25 Yrs Used Almost Every Day Since. But Now Its In A Sorry State/not Working. I Had A Good Look At It, Re-soldered Connections Didnt Do Nothing The Plastic Diaphram On Top Is In Pieces So I Assume Thats The Problem . The Switch Seems Ok As It Still Makes The Usual Click Through The Pa When Switched On. Any Spares Anywhere Out There Or Maybe Some Ones Got One Lying Around Want To Get Rid .or Help In Finding Spares For The One Ive Cherished For The Past 25 Yrs ( Im Praying)

terry6568 said:
Ive Had My Lovely Unidyne 111 545 For About 25 Yrs Used Almost Every Day Since. But Now Its In A Sorry State/not Working. I Had A Good Look At It, Re-soldered Connections Didnt Do Nothing The Plastic Diaphram On Top Is In Pieces So I Assume Thats The Problem . The Switch Seems Ok As It Still Makes The Usual Click Through The Pa When Switched On. Any Spares Anywhere Out There Or Maybe Some Ones Got One Lying Around Want To Get Rid .or Help In Finding Spares For The One Ive Cherished For The Past 25 Yrs ( Im Praying)

eBay. Two hours left and about $22. You shouldn't have a hard time finding the 545 or its round-ball cousin the 565 (same element, AFAIK, different body) for under $35 on eBay pretty much any day of the week. It's a nice mic, but they don't hold their value as well as they should. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHURE-UNIDYNE-I...ryZ41466QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's a roman numeral 3, BTW. III, not 111.

Ebay ebay in about two weeks you could have about 2 or three of them i prefer the non switch models either unless they are those with the fancy stand thats built in either way most of the switches stay on over time id pay no more then 50 for them if your lucky u can get one for about 35 They are so much better then the Current SM57 shure sells which are made in mexico, The UNidyne III capsule is so much better

basstracker7769 said:
Ebay ebay in about two weeks you could have about 2 or three of them i prefer the non switch models either unless they are those with the fancy stand thats built in either way most of the switches stay on over time id pay no more then 50 for them if your lucky u can get one for about 35 They are so much better then the Current SM57 shure sells which are made in mexico, The UNidyne III capsule is so much better

I think they're better than the old SM57/58, too. I used to use all three back in the early 90s for live miking of a jazz band. For that application, with half a dozen mics running concurrently, the 57s were puny---it was all you could do to get any real sound out of them before you got feedback even with the mics halfway down the bell of the saxes. The 58s weren't much better. The only mic that stood out was... IIRC... an old 585 SB (Unisphere A). It cut through like a knife. We put it on the piano, as nobody can ever hear the piano player. :D

Back