Shure PG48

Fyre

Okay I just brought a shure pg48 and a berry mixer so that I could record on my comp and I know that almost no one here really likes either of these two products, butI think I can get passed that. My question is this, I used to use a nady sp1 going stright into my mic in of my comps soundcard, now Ill be using the pg48 with the mixer into the line in, will I get a large difference in sound quality.(yes I know that my setup still isnt very good but I will be upgrade once again soon I just needed something so that I could record period)

PS im only recording Hip Hop vocals

sorry about not having punctuation ;)

Last edited:
use some punctuation

you will definatley hear a difference, because you will now have a proper preamp for your mic. (in the mixer)

I would suggest for your next upgrade to be a soundcard. In my opinion, a cheap mic and pre amp along with a good sound card would be better than a decent mic and pre amp and a factory onboard soundcard. No matter how good your mic and pre is, your factory sound card is going to turn that quality signal into crap.

yea thats was my next plan. Right now i just need to be able to record, but my next setup will be audiophile2496, mxl v67g, and audiobuddy micpre or yamaha mg102 mixer, but thats $300 and for a 17 year old high school student with no job $300 isnt easy to get but ill have it soon enough (I hope)

Back