Shure KSM27 or Rode NT1-A??? (decisions decisions...)

Somelsewhere

Alright,
So both of these condenser mics nuzzle in perfectly within my price range,
both have gotten excellent reviews for their worth and utility,
unfortunately, I'm in no position to get both.

Now I know the intelligent response to my question would be "Well, it depends man, certain mics sound good with certain people, find the shoe that fits, etc."
But I think I basically want someone to make this decision for me so I can move on with my life. (also, if you know of an even better mic in this price range, please, please, please, hit me on the head with it.)

I'm looking for a mic that will do justice to vocals and primarily acoustic guitar, giving a pure, unadulterated source. I'm really just looking for my "main" mic right now, I suppose.
The KSM has been described as a more "dull" sounding mic, which might make it usefull as a all-purpose mic,
while the Rode is described as having a more "airy" sound, which, would probably compliment the reverby, light, vocal styling I'm going for.

I found the KSM in stock online at guitar center (though not in-store)-

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Shure-KSM27-Studio-Condenser-Microphone-101500015-i1126544.gc

the Rode is in-store and in-stock, though is 30$ more expensive, (not a big deal though, quality overrules, I know some people look at mics as an investment)-

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Rode-Mi...ersary-Model-Microphone-102019312-i1126925.gc

Decisions? Personal Experience with either or both?

I owned an NT1 for a couple of weeksdidnt like it and turned it for a pair of MXL603s and never looked back...Id go with the KSM27...the KSM32 is a very good mic all arround...the acorn couldnt have fallen far from that tree.

You should be able to get some cool deals on them since they changed them to SM27s and the new ones are black...I just scored an AT3035 for under $50 on Ebay earlier...theres a direction to take.

yeah, I saw the sm27 at guitar-center for 300$, so I'm sure they're just trying to get rid of the KSM, hence the price drop.
I know there are probably better deals out there than guitar-center, well actually, I know there are.
Generally good experience with ebay? I'm always just paranoid I'm going to get shoddy equipment, or worse, no equipment at all when I deal anonymously with strangers on the internet.
thanks for the advice though, darrin

Back