Shure KSM141 thoughts?

Btyre2013

any users of the shure KSM 141 pair here?

I am thinking of getting some SDC mics, ideally a pair, listened to a lot of clips and like the sound of these mics.

I've been looking at the following mics for acoustic guitar:

Shure KSM141 pair
DPA 4090
vintage KM84i

I was thinking of getting two vintage km 84's an unmatched pair possibly, OR the KSM 141, or DPA 4090, I like all of them but am having trouble deciding...:)

get six KM84s, keep the two best matched, and send the rest to me :)

Seriously - I don't have any KSM141s, but I've used them in other people's set-ups - including for live drum overheads. They're great, I think. And they're a little bit more affordable.

get six KM84s, keep the two best matched, and send the rest to me :)

Seriously - I don't have any KSM141s, but I've used them in other people's set-ups - including for live drum overheads. They're great, I think. And they're a little bit more affordable.

I might send you two and keep four lol wish I had that kind of money, but if I win the lottery I will let you know.

about the ksm's yes, that's what I was thinking, the 141's seem like an amazing bargain, with them having cardiod AND omni is nice. Not sure though if they are good enough for serious classical recording, on paper though they look good.

yup. I bought some 137's from Moresound a while back. Great mics for concert band, ensembles, duets, quartets, etc...

I used them in spaced pairs to record my kid's middle school jazz band. I wasn't expecting much, but they did pretty good. Here's a clip of the school band, warts and all. About 20 members, mics spaced pair about 10 ft in front. (My kid is playing bass all the way in the back.)

View attachment Ensemble18.mp3
(I think this is a low res mp3)

I have a similar thread (Price No Object Mic/Stereo Pair For Recording Acoustic Guitar And Mandolin). I'll be watching both your thread and mine.

Tom

I have a similar thread (Price No Object Mic/Stereo Pair For Recording Acoustic Guitar And Mandolin). I'll be watching both your thread and mine.

Tom

then if price is no object get shoeps cmc6 with mk4 capsules lol I don't have an unlimited budget... it's very limited.

Back