sE2200t v Rode NTK?

bobbythemod

Hi people I am a male tenor vocalist singing higher end funk indie type vocals and have just been to test out the sE2200t in store but wasent really impressed at all and have been persuaded to think about purchasing the rode NTK mic which is a little more pricey but wondered whether anybody had more expertise with these mics? I am currently using the apogee duet pre amp to mac.

The SE had a nice smooth end but did not really flatter the mid range and I have a thinner smoother mid range. I would ideally like something that would help in this area. Im thinking a budget of up to £400 so any other ideas are much appeciated

I need to make a decision very soon so any help would be great

Last edited:
Hi people I am a male tenor vocalist singing higher end funk indie type vocals and have just been to test out the sE2200t in store but wasent really impressed at all and have been persuaded to think about purchasing the rode NTK mic which is a little more pricey but wondered whether anybody had more expertise with these mics? I am currently using the apogee duet pre amp to mac.

The SE had a nice smooth end but did not really flatter the mid range and I have a thinner smoother mid range. I would ideally like something that would help in this area. Im thinking a budget of up to £400 so any other ideas are much appeciated

I need to make a decision very soon so any help would be great

Does it have to be a Condenser?
If I were you I would check out a Dynamic like the Shure SM7b or EV RE20! ;)

Dang it I just noticed that you are in the UK hopefully you can get those microphones on the cheap over there.

Don't forget to purchase used and save your self a bundle for a few ales. ;)

I'm a major fan of sE Electronics and own 7 of their mics plus the Pro Reflexion Filter.

However, the NTK is a nice mic IMO.

Have you considered looking for a new or used (tube) sE Z5600A?
Can probably find a used one of those in the new 2200Tube/NTK price range.
It is an awesome mic in it's own right.

I've seen a ton of (non-tube) sE Z3300As on eBay for $300 and less.
Try one of those thru a tube preamp (or not).
It's a Nice Large diaphragm Mic as well.

However, The SM7b is a workhorse too!
BG

Back