SE 2200a repair ?

It just stopped working,so when I took it apart I noticed dark solder mark on the PCB.It wasn't new when I bought it and it looks as though somebody has done a soldering repair,and not a very good one.It worked ok for a few months then it died.

Hmm.
Can you post some pics?
I mean, if someone can help you source a replacement that's cool, but a repair may be possible.

I had good luck contacting SE Electronics in the US with a question I had regarding an sE2200aii C I had purchased a while ago. One of the few companies that ever responded quickly when I've sent emails.

I did find this on the RecordingHacks site for that mic... "How does the 2200a differ from the 2200? - The 2200a uses more surface-mount components." which could make a board repair more difficult, but take a pic as Steen suggested.

I had good luck contacting SE Electronics in the US with a question I had regarding an sE2200aii C I had purchased a while ago. One of the few companies that ever responded quickly when I've sent emails.
This is good to know. The multi pattern SE2200 is currently my only mic!

Steenamaroo - Alex and Paul at Pro Audio Systems in Bradford are very good at fixing things. Might be worth giving them a call if you don't have a local repair guy (I'm sure there's a decent proaudio repair man in the Midlands).

Steenamaroo - Alex and Paul at Pro Audio Systems in Bradford are very good at fixing things. Might be worth giving them a call if you don't have a local repair guy (I'm sure there's a decent proaudio repair man in the Midlands).

I'm not the OP, but thank you for the info all the same! Always good to know/know of repair guys!

Back