Samson Meteor, Blue Yeti, or Blue Snowball?

Which Microphone Should I Buy to Record Vocals?

• Samson Meteor Mic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue Yeti

• Blue Snowball

• Other (Please list/specify in the comments)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

infinitedreams

I wanted to record vocals at home using a USB microphone because I'm currently on a budget. I've heard really good reviews about both microphones but the Samson Meteor and Blue Snowball are considerably cheaper than the Blue Yeti is.

Usually more expensive microphones produce a much better sound quality, but there are cheaper microphones that can produce amazing sounds as well. I don't need many pattern selections, I know the Blue Yeti has 3 or 4 while the Samson and Blue Snowball only have 1, so that really doesn't matter to me. I just need help choosing which one would produce the best sound for vocals and recording at home.

If I buy the Samson, will I probably go to buy another microphone? I know most people who buy the Blue Yeti stick with it for years because the sound quality it produces stays really fresh and clear. Also, the Blue Yeti is extremely popular, and the Blue Snowball is from the same company. Is there a big difference between the two besides the fact that Blue Yeti has more pattern selections? Is there a huge difference in the sounds they produce? I don't want to have to buy one microphone and then go buy another one after only a few years because the sound quality starts deteriorating.

A lot of people have either the Blue Yeti or the Blue Snowball, so I've heard a lot about them. But I don't really understand what the difference between the two are. It seems more people have the Blue Yeti though, why is that? Is there a significant difference between the two? Also, the Samson isn't s popular, so I haven't heard as much about it. I really don't want to have to spend over $150 on the recording supplies right now, so buying two microphone would be out of the question for me. I want to put my money to the best use, meaning buy one microphone that would fit my needs in recording (vocals and sometimes guitar/piano) that will last me a long time.

What are your thoughts about the Blue Yeti, Snowball, and Samson Meteor? And which do you think I should buy to record vocals at home? Also, if there are any other microphones you know that are under $100 that record vocals could you please suggest them to me?

The ATR2005USB is on Amazon for $49. I think it's a better value than either the 2100 or 2010 models. It's surprising how well this little microphone performs.
It's a great sound for the dollar.

Back