Roland Quad-Capture Review

I thought I'd just put this out here 'cause I'm a little disgruntled with mine. I bought it a few months ago and I'm starting to notice the preamps are very noisy. I don't recall them being this noisy when I first got it but it's definitely noisy now. At half gain the noise starts to appear This is without an XLR cable even connected. The left preamp is more powerful so at full gain the left preamp is twice as noisy as the right. I never use the right preamp. I guess I never noticed this issue partially because I have a somewhat noisy environment and didn't use many mics that needed a lot of gain but I just wanna say im over disappointed with a 260 dollar interface that cant even do more than half its gain and be clean. I will probably be replacing it with a focusrite scarlett 2i2 in the coming days. I'd post a sample of the noise but it's boxed up already.

That's generally what happens. Attach a load to the input to assess the noise floor accurately.

so youre saying the noise only exists because theres no mic? that would make a little more sense because the noise is rather extreme. and ive used a few needy mics lately and didnt notice it.

Yehp.
It may still be noisy with a mic plugged in, but it'll certainly be noisier without.

Well I still think I shoulda got a focusrite scarlett 2i2 instead. Same thing but cheaper than this gimicky piece of crap. i'll try a mic on it. i currently have all my mics boxed up and I was fiddling with the qc out of boredom. still stupid the left pre is more powerful unless you got an excuse for that too

Good call, Henry.

That item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended,
so at least you know for sure you're getting a good one.

Good call, Henry.

That item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended,
so at least you know for sure you're getting a good one.

LOL. i raised the price sicne I was testing the interface again so no one would buy it. it seems its not noisy with a mic on it durrrrrr

My Quad Capture doesn't have this issue and the preamps seem to give the same level. Actually, I'm very pleased with mine, although I don't really have anything to compare against. In this month's Sound on Sound they used it in a preamp shootout and mentioned how clean the sound was.

I thought I'd just put this out here 'cause I'm a little disgruntled with mine. I bought it a few months ago and I'm starting to notice the preamps are very noisy. I don't recall them being this noisy when I first got it but it's definitely noisy now. At half gain the noise starts to appear This is without an XLR cable even connected. The left preamp is more powerful so at full gain the left preamp is twice as noisy as the right. I never use the right preamp. I guess I never noticed this issue partially because I have a somewhat noisy environment and didn't use many mics that needed a lot of gain but I just wanna say im over disappointed with a 260 dollar interface that cant even do more than half its gain and be clean. I will probably be replacing it with a focusrite scarlett 2i2 in the coming days. I'd post a sample of the noise but it's boxed up already.

My Quad Capture doesn't have this issue and the preamps seem to give the same level. Actually, I'm very pleased with mine, although I don't really have anything to compare against. In this month's Sound on Sound they used it in a preamp shootout and mentioned how clean the sound was.

Jonny you were rick rolled by a troll - You can see that he was banned.

Back