Rode Procaster?

soundbase

Any thoughts on the Rode Procaster. Their's no much information or reviews on it on the web.

I would love to get a SM7b or RE-20 but unfortunately they're just outside my price range. What I have heard is that the Rode Procaster sits somewhere between the RE20 and the SM7b. can anyone gives results. Also how much preamp gain does this mic need.

I have an Mbox 2 Pro which has a mic preamp gain of about 54dB. I'm hoping this will be enough.

Are you recording speech? I'd steer away from dynamics with an mbox 2 pro.
I had an mbox 2 (same gear I think) and had trouble with hiss using sm7b for speech.

Maybe a low-mid range condenser would be useful? I'd be happy enough doing speech with an nt1a.

Yes, its for voice over work to training videos.

So the preamps aren't good enough? Would I be better off with an Apogee device where their are better preamps. I'm looking at getting the Apogee One. Least I think that has a preamp gain of about 75dB

Yes, its for voice over work to training videos.

So the preamps aren't good enough? Would I be better off with an Apogee device where their are better preamps. I'm looking at getting the Apogee One. Least I think that has a preamp gain of about 75dB

Yes; An apogee + sm7b/re20 will kick ass in this scenario.

Ive owned and used the Procaster, Whilst its an ok mic, its no where near the quality of an re20, The procaster sounds really tinny and boomy(bassy) at the same time, unless you have a very mature and radio friendly voice stay away from the procaster, If you cant afford the procaster yet id suggest the Mca SP1 for the time being. an amazing $50 mic, Or you could always use a 15% off code on MusiciansFriend and get the SM7B for a bargain price.

I currently use and love my re20, sold both the sm7b and procaster

Back