Rode NT3

Fishmed

Rode has now developed their NT3 which looks much like an AKG 1000. Musicians Friend will be selling it for $160 USD. I have no clue how good or bad it is. I assume that it will be a nice mic based on the other mics they have produced.

I think somthing's wrong none of my MSG's are coming up.

Ahhhh....don't worry it's working now.

[This message has been edited by omnipotent (edited 03-18-2000).]

huh.. just a picture and no info? I guess it'll be a small diaphragm condensor from the looks of it. just what I need. I'll take a pair!! Maybe it's battery powered, I'll wait for a few reviews though. WHat a great price too! gotta love those RODENT's!!

If any body finds anything on this mic pleas post the link- all I can find is the picture :(

It looks mighty sexy though!

-jhe

[This message has been edited by James HE (edited 03-19-2000).]

I can't even find anything about this mic on the Rode homepage! Does it exist really, or is it just a product of the overactive or drug-soaked imagination of musiciansfriend?

Yehhh...
I think you are right.
I live in Australia (where they are made) and i can't find anything on them here either.

omnipotent

In the newest issue of Recording Magazine there is a small feature about the show and it tells us that Rode is releasing a new small diaphragm condenser mic called the NT3 that can run off of phantom power or a 9V battery. Thats all it says.

Little paragraph on the NT3 in Musicians Friend.

Superior Sound quality, super low noise, built for studio, stage, location work. Stylish and modern, the NT3 is an externally biased, true condenser mic with hypercardioid polar response. It features transformerless output; heavy-duty, cast satin nickel body, high immunity to RF interference; a high strength, welded and heat-treated mesh head; internal capsule shock mounting; battery or phantom powered; and a battery status LED.

[This message has been edited by KingNothing (edited 04-04-2000).]

Just got my musicians friend today and was surprised at how cheap it was.
Anyone use it yet?
-nil

Back