rode NT1000

JDS123

So i saw a guy saying the rode NT1000 is not a vocal mic, that it has a very rocky frequency response.

From the reviews Ive watched it sure sounded good to me.

Is this guy full of poop?

I have said over many threads here that I love them, I record vocals and acoustic guitar all the time with a NT1000. Think of the NT1000 as a NTK valve mike without the valve. I own 2, great value for money. Yes, the guy is full of poop, in his ears.

Alan.

I have said over many threads here that I love them, I record vocals and acoustic guitar all the time with a NT1000. Think of the NT1000 as a NTK valve mike without the valve. I own 2, great value for money. Yes, the guy is full of poop, in his ears.

Alan.

Lol thanks. Yeah I'm just learning about mics so thanks for understanding my noob questions. I'm a bass and guitar player.

You can see the frequency response on Recordinghacks.com. Not sure it is rocky, but does dip above 10,000 Hz

Just looked at the chart, bloody spare me! There is a very slight presence lift above 10,000hz of about 3 dB. Come on now. Have a look

Now check out a Neumann U87 Link

And the AKG C12 Link

As you can see they all have a little lift from about 5Khz up, I am not trying to put down the Neumann or the akg, I am just pointing out the different characteristics of microphones and how we should not judge a mic by spec sheets.

Alan.

Just looked at the chart, bloody spare me! There is a very slight presence lift above 10,000hz of about 3 dB. Come on now. Have a look

Now check out a Neumann U87 Link

And the AKG C12 Link

As you can see they all have a little lift from about 5Khz up, I am not trying to put down the Neumann or the akg, I am just pointing out the different characteristics of microphones and how we should not judge a mic by spec sheets.

Alan.

Thank you for those links.

Back