RODE M1 Dynamic?

Hey all. Been a little while since I posted. I have managed to avoid gear whoring, funny enough. Small debate. I picked up a decent started condenser from a member here, and I love the thing...AKG... Model I forget. Sounds rather nice, and works very well when recording my friend's guitar stack. Sounds pretty nice on vocals too.
However, in terms of home use, I also like the sounds I can get from some Dynamics, notably my Ev Co9, in terms of vocals. However, I have owned RODE products in the past, and I *really* liked them. I wish I never sold my NTK (I was hard up for money, and wasn't doing anything musically at the time). I got really excited back in the day when RODE first released a dynamic stage mic. I am highly interested in the M1 dynamic for around $100. Anyone have experience with one, own one, have an opinion on one?
My experience with RODE is that they are high quality, very nice sounding pieces of equipment for the money. Couldn't dig up anything specific to this model using the search function, so I figured I would stop lurking around and rarely posting.

Thanks in advance.

Wish you could remember the name of the AKG mic.
It would be a shame to dismiss the brand based on a mic that you don't remember.
There are several different flavours.
High quality too.
Like EV though, it can be an acquired taste.

Jim. That AKG is the one I bought from you a while back. I like it, a LOT. Thing is that I just want to expand the cabinet, experiment a little, and see what kind of sounds I can get from the RODE, or if it is worth buying. I have liked their other products in the past (NTK, NT3). AKG is good, and as a general rule I like Ev's stuff too. Used to have an ND267a, and wish I never sold that one too... sounded great.

shoggoth80:
I very often forget to read the name of the person who is posting. I think you bought the Perception 200 (Came in a plastic case) and if I remember correctly we discussed the fact that you should do exactly what you're doing right now.
i.e. Get to know your mic and try different brands. Sounds like you have found the brand that suits you and are just homing in on the right model. I'm into AKG & Tubes myself and am also starting to consider the higher end BLUEs.
This time last year I was all about ribbons.
Enjoy the journey.
Did you ever put the Keyrig to use?

Yeah, I have used the Keyrig a little. Probably going to use it to synthesize/write some basic bass parts... got a friend to work on stuff with me in terms of guitar. Fun, but we've only just started trying to hash bits out.
That AKG 200 is a really nice mic for what it is. Solid, sorta jack of all trades at this point. Works rather well on guitar cabs, and does sound pretty good on vocals.
Part of me wants to experiment with other models, and relying on past experiences with other brands.
I have, and use Ev and like them a lot. I like that AKG, and the RODES I have used in the past were amazingly nice for the money. Also considering looking into an Audix of some sort (heard them, and they DO sound good).

Back