Recording mic

g6120

Ive just got into recording the modern way Ive used analog in the past and always used Shure 57 and a 58 but now Ive got a Zoom r4 which I just received and contemplating maybe a condenser .

I plan on getting a program for my computer as well soon but have not decided which right at the moment , maybe a Zoom 24 and think I will check out of few condenser mics as well . Ive always been one of these old fashion hands one guys with knobs and such so a computer program for me is like going in outer space for this cat .

What are you planning on recording? 57's and 58's are rock solid mics. As far as software, I recently did some recording for a friend hwo has a Zoom R4 which came with Cubase LE. I sent him the raw tracks and he mixed on his own, never having used a DAW before. See if your Zoom came with it. No endorsement for Cubase, (although I use it, whatever software you like is the best). Never put a hand on a mixer knob myself, but the DAW interface seems to be the same thing, only controlled with a mouse or "control surface"- a mixer with faders and routing options, effects inserts, monitoring controls , etc.. Hope this helps.

Ive always used 57s and 58s for live music and in the past for recording but a condenser Im sure would be cleaner for digital recording . Ive got Cubase yes but have not yet used it but i will at some point .

Was thinking about installer Reaper and I would like to get the Zoom r 24 first for mobile use as well here at home .

Back