Recent additions.

homestudioguy

Just added a pair of warm audio wa-14s and an sE Voodoo VR1 Ribbon Mic to my small collection. Havent had a ribbon mic for years and my only pair of mics are two sE SE3 SDCs.

I've been looking for a real life person that actually has and used a WA14. There are hardly any reviews or discussions most normal places I frequent. Mostly would be using for vocals and acoustic guitar, so looking forward to thoughts on what you think of them. I do have a WA87 that I'm liking pretty well.

I bought a wa14 and a lauten-audio la320 and put them through my Focusrite Clarett 8preX.
On acoustic guitar, the la320 was brighter but boomier.
The wa14 was more midrangey with a smoother lows and highs.
Same followed suit on my voice.
Both "street" at $499 and are both good mics albeit the la320 comes with a nice case and the wa14 does not.
The metal body on the la320, imo, was kind of thin, especially when compared to the SE2200A which is in that same price range and the wa14 is a hefty little chunk.
In regards to my own needs, the wa14 is a 3 pattern and the la320 is cardioid only and I needed a pair of mics w 3 patterns.
PLUS, I've always wanted a 414 style mic with "edge terminated" capsules but am not a fan of AKG.

Back