R0de k2?

BroKen_H

Re-member
Any pros/cons. Sweetwater has dropped their price $100 with code DMK2Tube if you call them during October.
At $600 for a tube mike, it doesn't sound like a bad deal. So I was just wondering about any experiences out there and sharing the discount code if anyone's interested.

Happy recording! :D

I've never used it, I've been interested in it though. Reviews are pretty consistent about it. The next step down, the NTK?, is very polarizing, some people love it, some people hate it. Almost never see hate for the K2.

Its one of the best sub-$1000 tube mics, me thinks. But then again, this is purely from all the research I've done on it. Never actually tried it.

it's a good choice for acoustic bass and male vocals, one of the best that RODE make, especially if you experiment with different valves.

I wonder of it's an NTK with polar patterns? I liked my NTK but have since replaced it with a Sputnik which is cleaner, brighter and has less noise. I'm hankering for an AKG but my new LP has sidelined any purchases for a long time.

Its a great mic for the price. I have all the Neumann vintage units and the K2, and it is just a vibe mic more then vibe with extreme transparency like the Neumanns. I mean if you are on a budget it can't really be beat.Except maybe a good condition used AT4060. They are a little darker but also a great buy. . To be clear, there is a little stridentness to it but for the price........ Especially if you find a good NOS tube replacement. The factory tube is a little cleaner but it is surprising when you retube these kinds of mics how they really come to life.

Back