Question on wireless headsets

zan1976

Greetings fellow audio engineers!
Noob here, I hope this post is relevant to this forum, whatever, here goes:

Me and the wife are performing artists, and we are looking for a 4-channel wireless bodypack headset microphone system to use in our shows. What we really need is 2 headsets and 1 lavalier (to attach to a guitar), but since I cannot find a system with 3 channels, 4 will be fine. I found several systems that include 4 headsets and 4 lavaliers. Who knows, maybe our 2-year old will decide to enter the family business soon! :)

The price is an issue. I would like to go for $220 tops. I know this won't get me very far but it's all I can spare right now.

I found this one:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...ss-Microphone-System/334024_32439647167.html#

I've had many people try to discourage me from buying stuff from China. Is that justified?
Please notice the red letters near the end:
Please tell us the frequencry you want, if not,we would ship it random.Thank you.
What does that even mean? Do they configure the frequency of each channel before shipment? What "frequencries" should I request? I'm from Greece and the system will be used here, if that's in any way relevant.

Do you have any other suggestions on models on that price range?
Do you have any advice on what to look for on this type of gear? Which characteristics should I look for and which to avoid?
The particular model is UHF, which supposedly is good, since there are less chances of interference, correct? I haven't found a UHF system in that price. But perhaps the other characteristics do not cut the mustard?

Looking forward to hearing from the community. Thanks in advance!

Your link doesn't work, and I couldn't find what you were pointing to at that site, but "you get what you pay for" surely rings true for wireless systems.
Why would you want to use a lavaliere mic for a guitar?

Your link doesn't work, and I couldn't find what you were pointing to at that site, but "you get what you pay for" surely rings true for wireless systems.
Why would you want to use a lavaliere mic for a guitar?

Sorry about that, hope this link works
4 Channel UHF Handheld Wireless Microphone Mic System with 4 Lapel and Headset | eBay

The guitar doesn't have a pickup, so I attach the lavaliere mic on the edge of the sound hole with a clip, sound engineers use it all the time in no-budget performances. Do you have any other suggestions? Should I install a pickup?

Back