MXL LSC-1N Handheld Vocal Condenser Microphone
Features: •Interchangeable capsules for three mics in one

Specifications: •Type: Pressure gradient condenser microphone
•Diaphragm: Gold-sputtered, 6 micron diaphragm
•Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20 kHz
•Polar Pattern: Cardioid/Omni/Hypercardioid
•Sensitivity: -45 dB re 1 V/Pa
•Output Impedance: 150 ohms
•Equivalent Noise: -16 dB (A-weighted IEC 651)
•S/N Ratio: 78 dB
•Max SPL for .5% THD: 148 dB SPL
•High Pass Filter: 18 dB/octave @ 150Hz
•Power Requirements: Phantom Power 48V ±4V
•Current Consumption: 5.2mA
•Size: 7"x 2"
•Weight: 0.8 lbs /362.87g
•Metal Finish: LSCN Nickel / LSCB Black

Last edited:
. . . and, according to this article,

MXL LSC-1B | RecordingHacks.com

. . . the capsules are the same ones used for the 603s/604, so this may be a cheap way adding Omni & hypercardioid to your 603 and hypercardioid to your 604.

Paj
8^)

Last edited:
9-30-15:

Just checked and still available for $50.

UPDATE: (10-3-15): The LSC-1 is still available for $50, new. I got mine on 10/4. They come in a plastic case, 3 capsules, clip, cleaning cloth, & 25-ft MXL/Mogami cable. Seriously, check them out. If you don't have a hand-held condenser, this isn't a bad place to start.

Paj
8^)

Last edited:
This is probably the last PSSL "Killer Deal" I'll post---I'm starting to feel like a spammer. If you like the Daily-deal type email, then sign up. It looks like PSSL has a line on liquidating MXL stock. That said:

10/7/15: MXL 2001 LDC anniversary. $50. Something doesn't jive in the noise specs but I have seen a review where the reviewer comments about a lower than expected noise floor. This mic has been around since about the turn of the century and has some interesting mods associated with it, including turning it into a tube mic (the recordinghacks.com link has info/links). Personally, I have no experience with this particular mic.

https://www.pssl.com/MXL-2001-SE-Sp...medium=Email&utm_term=KDD&utm_campaign=KDDALL

MXL 2001 | RecordingHacks.com

Paj
8^)

I use the 2001 extensively. It's a fair bottom end (cost-wise) mike. Mine's black on black though, not gold on white. I should get a second one and do the tube mod...$50.

9-30-15:

Just checked and still available for $50.

UPDATE: (10-3-15): The LSC-1 is still available for $50, new. I got mine on 10/4. They come in a plastic case, 3 capsules, clip, cleaning cloth, & 25-ft MXL/Mogami cable. Seriously, check them out. If you don't have a hand-held condenser, this isn't a bad place to start.

Paj
8^)

11/11: Back down to $40 + Shipping ($13 for me---I'm on the opposite shore).

Paj
8^)

Today (11-21) at PSSL: MXL Tempo XLR for $30; MXL LSC-1 for $40; MXL 2001 SE Anniversary $50; MXL 2001A + MXL 600 Recording Pak for $60.

Paj
8^)

Back