presnous firebox, and akg perception.

h i p h o p

Is this a good deal...and is it a good mic and pre-amp...Im looking to buy both of them for a total of 225..thank you so much.

Presonus Firebox, firewire interface, mic pre's, etc etc

and

AKG Perception 200 studio microphone-

both brand new!

ima buy it from a friend who hasn't used it...cause hes done with rap...but he lives in another state from me, so testing it out is something i can't do...but you thikn its a good price for both, and are they legit for like rapping vocals.

h i p h o p said:
ima buy it from a friend who hasn't used it...cause hes done with rap...but he lives in another state from me, so testing it out is something i can't do...but you thikn its a good price for both, and are they legit for like rapping vocals.

Brand new (as in not from a friend, but from a shop) the Perception 200 is $149. You could track down a local music store that has one and try it out, and if you like it, buy it from your friend.

As to whether this combo is 'legit for like rapping vocals'...(sigh)...I'm afraid to say, no it isn't. The Perception 200 has a special circuit in it that is activated on 2 conditions:

1. When it is plugged into a Presonus Firebox
2. When somebody tries to rap into it.

When these 2 conditions are met, the circuit in the microphone kicks in permanently, and the microphone stops working. It uses the same technology as those colour photocopiers that detect when someone is trying to copy dollar bills.

Daniel Reichman said:
Brand new (as in not from a friend, but from a shop) the Perception 200 is $149. You could track down a local music store that has one and try it out, and if you like it, buy it from your friend.

As to whether this combo is 'legit for like rapping vocals'...(sigh)...I'm afraid to say, no it isn't. The Perception 200 has a special circuit in it that is activated on 2 conditions:

When these 2 conditions are met, the circuit in the microphone kicks in permanently, and the microphone stops working. It uses the same technology as those colour photocopiers that detect when someone is trying to copy dollar bills.

lmao that's funny....

Daniel Reichman said:

Yea, I hear that if you open it up, somewhere on the circuit board is printed the words: NOT RAP

chessrock said:
Yea, I hear that if you open it up, somewhere on the circuit board is printed the words: NOT RAP

Presumably next to where it says 'Made in China', which means, according to prevailing wisdom, they suck...

What are some moderately($150 to 600) priced non-chinese mics? Just curious! May be a future purchase.

thanks everyone for they're help...is the presonus fire any good tho? i was gonna sell the akg, cause i already have a mic. but im thinking if i buy this for 225...i can atleast get the presonus for a cheaper price.

I've had the Firebox for about a year and use it as the interface for my laptop. It's a nice interface and well worth the $225 alone. Has decent micpres and A-D/D-A. I use it with a pair of AKG 414's and they sound atleast as good as going thru the micpres in one of the higher end Mackie boards. I think, for the money, the Firebox is a keeper. You can always sell off the mic if you don't like it.

mbrebes said:
I've had the Firebox for about a year and use it as the interface for my laptop. It's a nice interface and well worth the $225 alone. Has decent micpres and A-D/D-A. I use it with a pair of AKG 414's and they sound atleast as good as going thru the micpres in one of the higher end Mackie boards. I think, for the money, the Firebox is a keeper. You can always sell off the mic if you don't like it.

thank you very much

h i p h o p said:
thanks everyone for they're help...is the presonus fire any good tho? i was gonna sell the akg, cause i already have a mic. but im thinking if i buy this for 225...i can atleast get the presonus for a cheaper price.
In another rare moment of seriousness for me (?!?) as long as your friends gear is working fine, it seems to be a good price for the 2.

What mic do you already have? You might find the Perception 200 offers a different sound to your existing mic which might be useful.

Back