Possible annoying question to add to annoying thread. Which is the front of my mic?

Joe Recorder

It's been a long time since I've done any recording and I was digging out my MXL V67g Mogami mic and had the top off it. When I put it back on I didn't remember which was the front of the mic diaphram. Is it the side without the wire connecting to it or the side with the wire connecting to it. I really don't want to record into the back of the mic.
Signed,
Confused.

It's been a long time since I've done any recording and I was digging out my MXL V67g Mogami mic and had the top off it. When I put it back on I didn't remember which was the front of the mic diaphram. Is it the side without the wire connecting to it or the side with the wire connecting to it. I really don't want to record into the back of the mic.
Signed,
Confused.
I guess what I'm trying to find out is the capsule side with the wire attached the back or the front?

It's the side that the wire comes out the middle of the capsule assuming it is a stock K67 copy.

Last edited:
It's the starboard side. Don't forget to supply 47v nuclear power to the unobtainium filament using the analog-to-quantum converters using the anti-matter bus.

Back